BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any problems with the two bushings in the shifter cracking breaking or anything like this.

When my mechanic went to put on my new short shift kit, he found two of them in not so good of shape...IE one was MISSING, and the other was distroyed....So now i gotta wait on my car while he has bmw get new ones...Of which best be covered by BMW under warrenty or i'll fip out.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm the only one with this? ouich

·
Registered
298 Posts
I doubt they are covered by CPO, even if they are they probably cost less than the $50 CPO deductible.

·
10,458 Posts
never heard of this before, but if your under warranty, let the dealer replace them! (assuming the shop doing the shifter didn't mess them up!)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jhowton said:
I doubt they are covered by CPO, even if they are they probably cost less than the $50 CPO deductible.
It's not a CPO car, Ive owned since the start. I'm not even really worried about the dealer covering it, just shocked me thats all.

My only concern about them not falling under warrenty would be bmw saying it's an aftermarket job :nono: ...but still i'm not worried about the cost, just annoying that a nice "peformance" car would have such weak parts in such high stress areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts