BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the replies, fellas.. I'm not looking to put gauges in mine, just keep it stock.
I wonder if I got a hold of one and made a plaster cast mould of it, could one be made using fibreglass... Thoughts??
You could definitely do this to get the surface shape. Would have to add some sort of sealer and mold release for the fiberglass and some sort of retention setup. You would probably have to thicken the fiberglass to make sure it was as stiff as the original and offset the mounting tabs to account for it but its all doable if you want to take the time. Best of luck!

-Greg

·
Registered
660 Posts
Can someone please upload a RHD 3d render of this so I can start printing them off?
Awesome.. So, if you mirror imaged it, should that suffice for rhd?? How did you get an stl for it?
Planning on a RHD version, unfortunately its not a simple mirror of the LHD unit.

So... how do I get ahold of one of these? :)
Haha when I finalize the replaceable clips I'll be offering them for sale in the US for about $50 plus shipping . You will have to cover the unit in your preferred material as they are as printed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Greg,

Do you have a right hand drive original to model it off?

I have an old one stored somewhere (with broken clips) which I've been hanging on to - we could work something out?
I have a member on Bimmerforums who has offered a RHD unit but if it falls thru I'll keep you in mind, appreciate the offer!

Count me in for one.
Great!

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I just realized we don't have a dedicated thread on this board for this. The list is up to 20 on bf.c and we're targeting early 2018 for production: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/...t-Surround-Ideas-(Auto-guys-looks-too)/page11

I will start a thread here as well.

I don't have Facebook, can you tell me pricing details? That looks good!
They do look good and are predominantly plastic , available in LHD design , grey or black at present .

The price was relatively cheap iirc at appx USD 35 + shipping .

D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Maintaining the list on just bf.c for now: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ks-too)/page11

There are others bringing a version of this product to market, but we intend to out-perform them all (not to mention, the original units).

The plan is to have a physical product to demo and photo by the end of this week. A website for processing orders on this, and other products, is in the queue.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.