BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with an oem shift boot they have used in the past in good condition? I bought a illuminated knob from Ron Thompson and am doing the conversion over to ZHP lighted, but his knob did not have the boot with it. I want a stock looking interior as possible aside from the knob and need the original boot to do the zip-tie installation trick.

Let me know if you have one. Thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hey Anthony,

Unless you're set on an M5 boot, as reds2 said, the 540 boot is a separate piece and works quite nicely.

Pic of mine....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have one mint - not cut - pm me

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone I didn't realize the 540 boot was an independent piece. I'll do this as a last resort. So far I have the knob itself but only need the boot and am trying not to cannibalize any more original parts.

I tried you Bimmerbear. It says you are banned. I sent an email through the board. If you don't get the message and can reach me, that would be great. abusack at yahoo dot com is my email. Thanks, Anthony

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mkaehly, I was in the "burgh" last week. Cranberry twnshp to be exact. Congrats on your/our boys last night. Great game. I'll be in touch if I can't get my hands on just the boot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
mkaehly, I was in the "burgh" last week. Cranberry twnshp to be exact. Congrats on your/our boys last night. Great game. I'll be in touch if I can't get my hands on just the boot. Thanks.
Super close - 'bout 10 min west on the turnpike from me! Quite the nail biter last night huh?

FYI : I only have the boot and took the knob off. I just did my own illuminated knob but thrashed my knob in the process (saved the whole boot though). I'll post a pick later today. No rush - it's not going anywhere ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Super close - 'bout 10 min west on the turnpike from me! Quite the nail biter last night huh?

FYI : I only have the boot and took the knob off. I just did my own illuminated knob but thrashed my knob in the process (saved the whole boot though). I'll post a pick later today. No rush - it's not going anywhere ;)
if you don't sell it, please let me know. I am interested

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Boot is GONE to Alpine2002 - thanks for asking though!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you don't sell it, please let me know. I am interested
maciek, Bimmerbear has one. I have traded emails with him and will ask him to respond to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts