BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten to the 1200 mile mark very quickly, less than two weeks. I've been driving to nowhere and back.

She consumed 1 qt of 5w30 ( I used Mobil 1 Synthetic ) during the first 1200 miles. I did not use the 10w60 BMW parts sold me, I'll be returning it for 5w30.

Other than the mystery of whether I get an oil change or not, here's my short list:

Update or replace GPS....It's been really stupid giving me the wrong directions 50% of the time.

Have the diesel knocking/Vanos problem taken care of.

I'll let you know how Vista treats me!

07/00 M5 Tit/Silv

·
Registered
592 Posts
Good Luck! I see you have been doing lots of mods, radar, the wheels, etc. Are you going to the CCA meeting thing on Tuesday? If Vista can fix that diesel sound I will be the first one in line to get it done after you!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lear... I probably will be going to the CCA meeting Tuesday.

With respect to Vista fixing the Diesel/Vanos noise...Let's just say I'm not holding my breath!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
i just had my 1200 service done at lauderdale... very nice service center!

their gift shop is twice the size of the spartanburg museum and has more useful stuff than the performance center gift shop too.

------------------
00' ///M5 Titanium Silver/Caramel
00' Vette convertible NBM

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vista Service Results:

1. The service advisor was suprised to hear that there was a 1200 mile service. He said" You mean the 12,000 mile service"

2. I had to get the Master Mechanic for the dealership to convince the Parts Manager that my car Really does take 5w30.

3. 1200 mile service was completed. It dos not include engine oil.

4. They made no attempt to fix Vanos noise. They didn't know of any fixes available.

5. They did nothing with my GPS/Nav Unit.

Atleast now I can enjoy the beast without the burden of those Breakin restrictions!!!

07/00 M5 Tit/Silv

·
Registered
15 Posts
Marlin,

not surprising to hear vista's cluelessness. I don't recommend these guys. My experience was the same with their service department. Seemed like they had never serviced an M5 before. I think I will be taking the car to Braman in palm beach for any additional work i need done to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forgot one question :

GPS issue, is there an actual software fix that you know of for the unit giving bad directions. I thought it was simply poor design but no real fix.

Thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I have discovered that the nav unit acutally picks very efficient routes- just different as to how Id go. any comments are best directed to their website at:
www.navtech.com

ME

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad that it picks very efficient routes for you. It sure as hell hasn't for me.

I am not going to call on every original manufacturer of the parts on my car. I expect BMW to make it right.

I also think this and other BMW boards are the best place to share problems with the M5.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are corect no apparent fix for the GPS.

It seems to have a difficult time picking the best route!

I will probably try Braman as well.

I have been contacted by phone (at work) and letter begging me to give Vista an Excellant rating when BMW does their survey.

I will do them the favor of not answering the survey questions.

07/00 M5 Tit/silverstone

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are. Youre right- they should make it all better- but if you want a subscription to the map discs and their updates you have to go to navtech and while there I noticed they have a section for suggestions/ problems- so I thought I would politely suggest you visit it. Rudeness gets you nowhere.

ME

1 - 11 of 11 Posts