BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delivered this morning - 2011 612 Scaglietti - with a few other pix of the stables. As you can see, not much parking so most are kept at the office underground garage. Hope you like 'em. :)

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
That is a sweet looking 612!! I'm loving the color combo. Am I correct that the 2011 models have the F1 "Superfast" gearbox from the 599? How does it compare to your M6?

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a sweet looking 612!! I'm loving the color combo. Am I correct that the 2011 models have the F1 "Superfast" gearbox from the 599? How does it compare to your M6?

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Thanks! Glad you like it.

The 612 has come a very long way since the beginnings back in 04 -- engine remap, upgraded transmission, more options available, etc...i even have a reverse camera - didn't expect to have that on a ferrari lol. Obviously didn't drive it hard but I did test its responsiveness and handling and it was superb. Even the transmission is much improved and although it isn't a double clutch, it does feel like one when shifting gears.

It is very powerful - even though it makes less power than my M6 is making with my current mods, I still feel like it pulls much harder at lower speeds - and I still haven't been able to stretch it legs yet as I don't want to over-do it during the break-in period. :)

Reactions: AFC1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts