BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window on my passenger-side front-door was shattered. By who...i still do not know. My guess is that it was the gardener with his weed-wacker. He claimed that he coudln't speak english, and claimed he didn't do it in Spanish. Bleh.

Here is the problem.

I took the car into the dealership, and after i got the car back...the newly replaced window would not fully lower. I get a sliver of glass about 1/4" that protudes through the base.

Dealer tech. claims that with most newer bmws...windows can never be replaced the way it was.

I highly doubt this.

Does anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
T
Dealer tech. claims that with most newer bmws...windows can never be replaced the way it was.

Call the dealership owner- speak to his admin.

"Hi, I thought I'd give [owner name] a heads up before I put this issue in writing to BMW... you see, I went through the expense of having a window replaced by your dealership, not a glass company, and the technician clearly made a mistake- now he is claimg that "with most newer bmws...windows can never be replaced the way it was. ".

"I think BMW would be particularly interested in this fact- since I was astounded with this revelation and, to tell you the actual truth, enraged that your employee would lie to me in order to avoid actually doing it right."

"So have him call me back in the next 4 hours otherwise I will take it to another dealership to fix, under the BMW replacement part warranty, and let BMWNA figure out who will pay for it."

Try that.

A

·
8,369 Posts
Very well stated ard.

That should get their attention.

"Hi, I thought I'd give [owner name] a heads up before I put this issue in writing to BMW... you see, I went through the expense of having a window replaced by your dealership, not a glass company, and the technician clearly made a mistake- now he is claimg that "with most newer bmws...windows can never be replaced the way it was. ".

"I think BMW would be particularly interested in this fact- since I was astounded with this revelation and, to tell you the actual truth, enraged that your employee would lie to me in order to avoid actually doing it right."

"So have him call me back in the next 4 hours otherwise I will take it to another dealership to fix, under the BMW replacement part warranty, and let BMWNA figure out who will pay for it."

Try that.

A

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Try that.

A
Thanks!! :cheers:

I knew I wasn't mistaken.

I'll try your advised words and see where it takes me.

I almost forgot to mention...

They have also failed to remove all of the existing broken glass. The door clunks upon even light shuts. Door shuts with even moderate force makes sounds that would make your stomach curl.

When this whole ordeal is over, I will post pics of my new illuminated front/rear door sills.

Thanks again, Ard :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I took the car into the dealership, and after i got the car back...the newly replaced window would not fully lower. I get a sliver of glass about 1/4" that protudes through the base.
my guess is, that the window is not seated properly... and the tech doesnt want to revisit the job bc its a PITA... plus he it will take him away from a job that prolly bills more hours and is less tedious...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts