BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bit the bullet and bought the Conforti SW and installed it at lunch today...Haven't driven it yet but it does sound a little more rev happy...We'll see...

Turner says that the stuff is optimised for the first three gears which the computer knows via a switch on the trans and the ratio between engine and wheel speed. I really dont care that much about dyno numbers but will be happy if the thing FEELS better...

Pretty cheap mod as far as they go...

·
Registered
362 Posts
How hard was the installation? Just something to plug in, correct?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butt Dyno Says UH Yep...

Definte improvement...Shes definitely hungrier now; dont know by how much but definitely worth the few hundo.

Installation is a snap...just hook up a battery charger to maintain volts above 12.5, pull fuses 17 & 31 plug it in to the OBD port, go through a series of button strokes and viola!

:applause:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have no way to quantify gains but...

Given the already prodigous amount of power the motor makes, and the tactile gians I feel already, I would think a ~~20 hp gain would be resaonable (thats what like 6% if you give the thing 330 Hp at the wheels?)...

Dunno I'm not an automotive engineer or a human dyno, but I won't be asking for my money back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts