BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a like-new fully loaded 1998 E36 328iS 5-speed with the Sport interior. I am using the car as a daily driver and I want to eventually use it for auto crossing and other track events. My question is, does any one have any experience with the "Shark Injector" that claims to boost the horsepower and torque of the E36? ??????

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
well your kinda posting in the wrong area but yes, i have it on my e46 m3 and the program has been used many times by the e36 and e46 communities...
Is there an E36 messageboard? If there is I'm looking for a lot more info on the E36.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
4ocious said:
I does any one have any experience with the "Shark Injector" that claims to boost the horsepower and torque of the E36? ??????
Jim Conforti is well known for his "Shark Injector". Check any issue of Roundel. I have never heard of any one who was not happy. Good luck!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
while the "shark" injector is popular its is not the best out there...

check out this forum for alot of info

www.dtmpower.net

(they are younger crowd [18-30]) just as a warning...they sometimes get out of hand but they have alot of information archived on that forum

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
while the "shark" injector is popular its is not the best out there...

check out this forum for alot of info

www.dtmpower.net

(they are younger crowd [18-30]) just as a warning...they sometimes get out of hand but they have alot of information archived on that forum
Checked it out, very nice - THANKS for the info! :cheers:

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
as one of the younger crowd here on the board...glad that i can help
Hey, I hope you are not referring to me, you young whippersnapper!!! :D
Regards,
Jerry

·
10,445 Posts
i did the shark injector and the confortti CAI on my previous 98 528i. if you believe advertising dyno graphs, it's supposedly worth nearly 30hp. I can say for sure that I could feel an improvement in my 528. Next step would be e36M3 cams and special software to go with it for a total of 50 extra hp. IIRC the dyno info was at www.sharked.com
Mike

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I sharked my '99 M Roadster, which has the same engine as the e36 M3, and there was a definite difference. One advantage of the shark injector is that you can go back and forth to stock if you want.

There is an e36 forum on Roadfly.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I Sharked my E36 M3. The Conforti software made a surprisingly big difference in feel that was immediately noticeable. The peaky nature of the VANOS and a bit of the free-revving quality was traded for a gob of torque. It was so different I wasn't sure it was a great tradeoff at first, but I now believe it to be a really, no THE really cost-effective mod.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
There is an off topic forum and a competitor to the M5 forum put it there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts