BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Company Representative for Turner Motorsport
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The prices are falling! Jim Conforti, the designer and programmer of the world-renowned Shark Injector, has given us the green light to lower the price on ALL Shark Injectors in our online catalog to $299! That is right, even the Race versions are all only $299!

Turner Motorsport is the #1 dealer in the USA for Shark Injector products and has been selling Conforti software and chips since 1997. We sell and have more experience with Shark Injector software than any other dealer in the world. We have them in stock, ready to ship and orders placed before 2:00 PM eastern time usually ship same day.

SPECIAL OFFER: Mention you saw this thread and get a free UPS 2nd day air shipping upgrade! Anywhere in the USA will take only 1 or 2 working days, MAXIMUM!
(UPS shipping to: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey is only one day. For the rest of the lower 48 states, just two days by UPS 2-Day Air!)

What also sets us apart, as your #1 source for Jim Conforti products including the Shark Injector, is that Turner Motorsport includes “Real Person” tech support over the phone. If you have a question or concern about your Shark Injector, simply pick up the phone (toll free) and give us a call. We have a department here at Turner Motorsport that is solely dedicated to Shark Injector support. Just call 800 280-6966 and dial Ext # 113. No need to email and wait for a reply, we are here to answer your calls.

Updated pricing to $299 applies to the following M5 products (all other M5 software remains at the new $299 price introduced last summer):
N4M5KAT / N4M5KAO - E39 M5, Z8 Shark Injector "Race" Software for headers, no cats

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you a uk version of this injector?
Sorry, but the Shark Injector is for US-based cars only at the moment. The UK and ECE cars have different versions of software that we may not have over here. And the Shark is only compatible with US versions of software.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Considering to get the Shark Injector for my new 2001 M5. I've got a few questions:

• Installation procedure is describe in very fine detail. But how about un-installation? The feature list indicates that it should be possible. How do you do that?
  • I've read about the throttle map issues and that you have a new software version coming. Is that already out, or when does it ship?
  • Can we download and install updates ourselves using the USB?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Drew, I have basicly the same questions as Rout66 but also just read Jim Conforti's post on another thread ("ESS Software - Betterr than Shark Injector ") and wanted to know if this was the "M5 Board Tune" version and exactly what that version is? Does it removes the jerkyness that some users have described, also, will the race version (which i need due to the SAI issue) work with normal factory exhaust and is there any downside to this? Thanks in advance, Bob

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering to get the Shark Injector for my new 2001 M5. I've got a few questions:

• Installation procedure is describe in very fine detail. But how about un-installation? The feature list indicates that it should be possible. How do you do that?
Un-installing it is the same procedure as the install. There's actually only one button on the unit itself, with a green led and a red led. When completing an Upgrade, the green LED will illuminate solid. When finishing the Restore, the green led and the red led will both be illuminated. Instructions are included.

Logle said:
I've read about the throttle map issues and that you have a new software version coming. Is that already out, or when does it ship?
That has not been released yet but Conforti has been working on it. It will be available in the future, probably as a separate Shark Injector file. Existing Shark Injectors will need to be updated, either through the mail or by USB (see below). My understanding is that throttle will be less sensitive and easier to modulate. More info to follow shortly.

Can we download and install updates ourselves using the USB?
Currently, the USB update/upgrade tool is not setup. It's something planned (that's why the port was added at considerable cost) but other projects have taken precedence over it. The updates and upgrades have always been available by sending it back to TMS - usually at no cost. In the future this will be done by USB connection to Conforti or TMS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To bad you can't update it through the USB port by the user. Would have bought it right now if that was the case.

Guess I just have to wait for the new release to come out and see what other users think about it before I decide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just pulled the trigger! I have officially purchased my first mod for the m5! I have access to a mustang dyno, so I'll be sure to post results of before and after-it may also give some insight on what different dynos read for our cars.

Oh, btw unfortunately there's no more free air shipping...so I just settled for the $9 standard ground. I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to go :M5rev:

Later! :M5launch:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cool!! Keep us posted. Very interested to hear what you think and what the dyno shows.

Do you know if you got the new software version? The throttle map was a bit aggressive according many users - very touchy. It's supposed to be been fixed in the latest version. Not sure if that is released yet or not.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool!! Keep us posted. Very interested to hear what you think and what the dyno shows.

Do you know if you got the new software version? The throttle map was a bit aggressive according many users - very touchy. It's supposed to be been fixed in the latest version. Not sure if that is released yet or not.
That version has not been released yet. It will be a separate version, not a revision to the existing software.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Any news on this? I see Shark Direct is now selling the m5board tune with choice of SAI and catalyst "delete" but it's always nice to support board sponsors when I can.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, Thanks for thinking of TMS. I know that the other Shark site has had it advertised but I don't think they actually have the files yet. We're in the same boat as everyone obviously gets them from the same place. But we have not been given a precise release date.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Conforti

Just pulled the trigger! I have officially purchased my first mod for the m5! I have access to a mustang dyno, so I'll be sure to post results of before and after-it may also give some insight on what different dynos read for our cars.

Oh, btw unfortunately there's no more free air shipping...so I just settled for the $9 standard ground. I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to go :M5rev:

Later! :M5launch:
How did it work out?

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello,

Sorry, that sale ended on Jan 1. I can give you free 2nd Day Air shipping for you if you call me and mention this thread. I'll honor that until April 30.

Thanks,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts