BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all

I've just picked up my freshly refurbished wheels from Diamond Styling in Sevenoaks and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results.

The rims were in a bit of a state, with plenty of curb rash and discolouration. I wanted them returned to oem finish, but just a little bit darker. It took two weeks in the end because they were not happy with the results first time round, but when I went to pick them up this morning I was very impressed not only with the finish, but with the fact that one of the guys was even applying a coat of wheel seal. So i then spent another hour putting another coat on.

Cost £400 all in, which included brand new badges and centre caps. I'd happily recommend them to others.

Apologies for the poor quality photos, the "befores" are on an iphone and the "afters" show off my lack of skill with a DSLR. I'll try and get some better shots up when the weather's better and the beast is clean.

[P.s. Gervaise - I can't pm yet, but yup, that's me, couldn't resist:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Robo, thanks for the pics and looking very good in the flesh too ! Puts mine to shame, I've been meaning a detail and a rim refurb for ages....but don't seem to get round to it. It's off to phil next week too, so that may put the rim refurb on the back burner....again :biggrin:

Gervase

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gervase, I had noticed your wheels starting to bubble a bit....;)

I know what you mean about not getting round to the detailing, particularly with the state the road was in until this week

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looking really good!
Get some decent locking wheel nuts on them. The ones you have can be removed in 3 seconds.........
BMW do a new type for £30 (made by McGuard for BMW)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looking really good!
Get some decent locking wheel nuts on them. The ones you have can be removed in 3 seconds.........
BMW do a new type for £30 (made by McGuard for BMW)

M5.Tom,

Do you have a link / pic to the new bmw type, are they black ?
I think I have seen the standard Mcguard for bmw in shadow or black

Gervase

·
Registered
357 Posts
They look a bit like the above but they are black all over and have the spinning collar around the top if that makes sense. The same as McGuard ULTIMATE ones but basically in a BMW box.

The orginal BMW locking wheel nuts only have 10 key patterns but these new ones have 1000+

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have the plain vanilla McGuards that I took off the old 530d, which I have now replaced for one rusty old OE bolts. They have also started to go a bit rusty on the face (they're three years old), so would be interested in replacing them with some black jobbies.

On car shot attached, but the rims do actually look a shade darker in the flesh.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Shame i couldn't pop along on Saturday to take a look in the flesh but from the pic's looks like they did a very good job. I would either buy some new wheel bolts or just spray them black again as it doesn't look right with rusty wheel bolts.
Just need to get my M5 down to Diamond Styling now !

Simon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys, and shame you couldn't make it to see them in the flesh Simon. I hadn't actually noticed what a state the bolts were in until they were up against the refurbed wheels, as they blended in well against the wheels in their former state! New bolts it is then.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dropping my wheels off this Saturday to Diamond Styling. Already bought new bolts,M badges & wheels centres :D

Simon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you don't want to buy new lugs, buy lug nut covers from Audi. They are gunmetal, which is a nice match, look great and are quite inexpensive. Been running them on my BMWs for years.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dropping my wheels off this Saturday to Diamond Styling. Already bought new bolts,M badges & wheels centres :D

Simon.
Sounds like there'll be two board members' cars at Diamond Styling next week - hope it all goes to plan.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sounds like there'll be two board members' cars at Diamond Styling next week - hope it all goes to plan.
When i spoke to Lewis at DS he did mention another M5 was having its wheels refurbed next week, can't wait to get them done been meaning to do it for over a year !

Simon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speak to Paul beforehand about the exact shade you want. I ran through Tiago's thread with him when i dropped mine off

·
Registered
597 Posts
Paul won't be there on Saturday, Tom is the guy i'm handing the car over to on Saturday. Would you say your wheels are as dark as Tiago's ? They look lighter in the pics.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought that initially, and they do look lighter in the pictures but I think that's because of the tube lighting in the workshop. But seeing them in daylight I think they're a very similar shade, perhaps very slightly darker

·
Registered
597 Posts
I will ask them to do the same shade as your wheels then, i saw Tiago's wheels at one of the meets at the Grasshopper in Westerham & i thought they looked just right. OK thanks.

Simon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts