BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just had my 1992 M5 SLS EDC Struts Refurbished and expect them back within the next couple of weeks, but i can't seem to find anything on how to set them up or what to expect, the car was in a very sorry state when i picked it up and have practically renewed or refurbished all the underside so just after a little advice someone did mention about putting weight in the boot ?

Thanks Simon

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi I have just had my 1992 M5 SLS EDC Struts Refurbished and expect them back within the next couple of weeks, but i can't seem to find anything on how to set them up or what to expect, the car was in a very sorry state when i picked it up and have practically renewed or refurbished all the underside so just after a little advice someone did mention about putting weight in the boot ?

Thanks Simon
I hope you already received what you needed.
Attaches is group 37 of the BMW Repair manual that describes the SLS setup.
You don't really need the pressure gauge set unless you suspect a problem, however you will want to loosen the sway bar arm, set the pin/drill rod in the control arm/control valve body to center the valve with the engine running and then tighten the sway bar arm. Don't forget to remove the pin immediately after tightening the sway bar arm

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
m6bigdog
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing