BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set of four BMW (factory) 18x9.5" rear M5 wheels for sale

These wheels are ideal for anyone looking for a perfect set of wheels and tires for track or autocross use. The tires on them are Toyo RA1 in 275/35/18 size. You can see that they are at their maximum grip level and have about 4/32" of tread left, and are evenly worn. The tires were just flipped on the rims and rebalanced and probably have at least 3-4 more road course events or a lot more autocross events worth of life left.

Here are individual pictures of each wheel along with any trouble spots on the wheel itself, taken in close up form. If you need larger pictures of anything please let me know.

Right now, I do not want to split them up into pairs and would prefer to sell them as a full set of four. I would like $1800 plus actual shipping for all four together. They do not come with center caps or spacers or lug bolts. You can get 3mm spacers and longer lug bolts from TireRack for a nominal charge to allow you to run the rear wheels on the front of your M5. 540 owners may require wheel well modification and/or fender lip rolling to install these with proper clearance.

Here are pictures of each wheel, followed by any major or minor problem areas on each wheel, and finally a picture of each tire's tread left:

Wheel #1

Wheel #2

Wheel #3

Wheel #4 - THIS WHEEL HAS BEEN REFINISHED

Let me know if you have any questions. I have personally seen many street wheels that look a lot worse than these! These are ideal for track wheels/tires, but would be fine for street also, assuming your existing wheels are not as nice.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Red,
I know you know your wheels & tires...............but,
First of all, put down the weed. Second, adjust the price. Third, do some market research on USED & damaged wheels with useless tires. As a fellow beast-bretheren, I am trying to help you here. Drew Keen just sold a PERFECT set with Pilot Sports for about $500 less than you are asking. I define perfect as perfect. Not a SINGLE mark on them. Four NEW wheels like this will run about 2 grand, plus tires which is necessary,obviously, in either case. ANYONE with 3 functioning brain cells will spend the extra 200 bones.
Toss or remove the shaved tires, and knock that 1 off the front of the price, and maybe you will move them. Don't insult us with that price! :confused3

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I appreciate your kind words and like the fact that you chose to be nice about it instead of insulting me. :)

If you knew your tires, you would know that these tires are at their peak grip right now. Perhaps you are not familiar with track tires? These tires run about $300ea new, and people actually pay to have them shaved to about where they are right now. Go buy a new set of wheels and tires just like this, brand new, and pay for mounting and balancing, and you are looking at right near twice the price.

I am always open to input, but you don't need to insult me in the process of asking me to be more reasonable with my pricing. Just say what you want to say as an adult and be done with it, okay?

Have a great evening! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Listen folks, if you don't like the asking price, make a counter offer. That's how these things work. Posting negative comments isn't helpful. If you don't want to buy these wheels, don't buy them. If you do, but you think the price is too high, then just make me an offer and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheels 1 and 2 are sold. My current offer on wheel 3 is $250 shipped, and on wheel 4 is $225 shipped (in the 48 states only, via Fedex Ground).

No tires included at these prices. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Redshift could you tell me if it is the front or rear rims that you still have. I might be interested in them.

Let me know.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are all rears. I have the two left shown above, labelled Wheel 3 and Wheel 4. The first $475 gets them. I live pretty close to you, so you could always pick them up too, or I could send them to a friend in MD as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Redshift, I am interested in them if you can ship them to the UK. I do not need the tyres so you can keep them.

Are they still for sale?

Pip

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pip said:
Redshift, I am interested in them if you can ship them to the UK. I do not need the tyres so you can keep them.

Are they still for sale?

Pip
Hi Pip:

They are, but I'd rather not ship to the UK. Sorry.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No problem Redshift. I hope you get a buyer who wants to give them to himself for Christmas.

Take it easy.

Pip :byee55amg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts