BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, gals- I am throwing the following codes with SES light illuminated. Resetting to see what resurfaces. Seat of the pants dyno tells me i'm not getting the typical power. Car has 112k on the clock, any thoughts on where to start from a repairs standpoint?

p0365 Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1)
P0025 Exhaust Camshaft Position Timing- Over - Retarded (Bank 2)
P0017 Crankshaft Position- Camshaft position Correlation - Bank 1 Sensor B
p0441 EvaPorative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are all four bad? if not is it possible for me to narrow it down to the one(s) that are bad?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
are all four bad? if not is it possible for me to narrow it down to the one(s) that are bad?
If one is bad, most likely other 3 will follow to failure.

bmaparts have the best price on those sensor so far to my knowledge.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Hi Guys, gals- I am throwing the following codes with SES light illuminated. Resetting to see what resurfaces. Seat of the pants dyno tells me i'm not getting the typical power. Car has 112k on the clock, any thoughts on where to start from a repairs standpoint?

p0365 Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1)
P0025 Exhaust Camshaft Position Timing- Over - Retarded (Bank 2)
P0017 Crankshaft Position- Camshaft position Correlation - Bank 1 Sensor B
p0441 EvaPorative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow
The P0365 means the DME has lost contact with the CPS so a complete failure. Could be a wiring problem but most likely a failed CPS. This is the exhaust CPS on the bank 1 passenger side.

P0025 is for a cam timing problem on the other bank so you have two different problems. This one could be a VANOS problem or a CPS problem. The VANOS fix is a bit complicated so best to try to fix it by replacing the CPS.

P0017 is coming in because of the bad exhaust CPS on bank 1.

People aren't recommending unnecessary replacement of CPS's. The recommendations are because the DME damn near refuses to set codes on CPS's going bad until they are failed. It's very likely all your CPS;s are going bad unless they have been replaced in the past. They have dates on them so you can check.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
OP- if all other things are in good shape on your car, you'll fall back in love with it again when you replace the bad CPS, it will make you wish you did all 4. So you might as well just do them all while you're in there. Some of us have been in this place before. After I replaced the suspect one, a month later I went back and did the rest of them as I was so happy with how it felt.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It is such a pig of a job, best do all 4 while you're down there. doing a exhaust CPS you're reaching over the inlet one anyway, might as well knock it on the head too.
Nice color BTW, mines 1/2000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts