BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been super hot all week and got an SES, my first.
Disappeared about a day later. I thought it was for my oil / service interval......

weird. going to read the code shortly.

stay tuned.

:grrrrr::grrrrr:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few times. SA suggested over the phone that it was the gas cap. When it came on the last time and didn't go out I took it in and it was carbon build up on the heads. Fortunately, BMW rep was in the day I took it in and they agreed to fix it as a "one time goodwill repair". Right.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
boplaw said:
Same thing happened to me a few times. SA suggested over the phone that it was the gas cap. When it came on the last time and didn't go out I took it in and it was carbon build up on the heads. Fortunately, BMW rep was in the day I took it in and they agreed to fix it as a "one time goodwill repair". Right.
I think BMW corporate guidance to dealers is up to three 'good will' fixes for customers who have some 'pull'. Since the carbon job is an expensive fix, you might have used up all your good will, or you have a lot of 'pull'...:blink:

BTW, hoping you responded to the carbon build-up poll (I'm too lazy to go back and check).

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did respond to poll. I don't know how much "pull" I have, especially since this was only my second trip to the dealer with the car. Car is a CPO so perhaps that had something to do with it.

One thing is for sure, if they had given me any trouble the info contained on this board would have given me tons of ammunition in the breach of warranty fight that would have ensued. FWIW.

wilsodh said:
I think BMW corporate guidance to dealers is up to three 'good will' fixes for customers who have some 'pull'. Since the carbon job is an expensive fix, you might have used up all your good will, or you have a lot of 'pull'...:blink:

BTW, hoping you responded to the carbon build-up poll (I'm too lazy to go back and check).

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts