BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search and found this problem mentioned but no definitive diagnosis.

I have had my baby since late April with no problems. Last week SES light came on and made appointment. No other problems. Light went out approximately two days later. Light came back on today and I realized that both times the light came on after the AC had been on for longer than twenty minutes. however, this past weekend AC on for two trips which lasted at least one hour and no SES light.

I do not think this is a gas cap issue as the first light went on after I was just bellow 1/2 tank and I thought the gas cap throws the code almost immediately after you gas up. Interestingly, now that I think of it my tank is almost around the same point now when the light came on again.

I have kept my appointment but would like to know what I am in for in case I have to be the one to educate the service advisor.

Thanks.

Michael.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Save yourself headaches in the future and get a Peake Research tool. It will give you info specific to your BMW engine model and also allow you to reset the SES and service indicator lights yourself. You can check a code and decide whether you need a dealer's service and, if so, you'll know what the problem is ahead of time...educated consumer kind of thing!
:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts