BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shocked...dropped car off for service this morning...roof was leaking, increased emmissions, and software update for the DSC disable. SA called, they are keeping my beast overnight, they need to order parts, seals for roof, 02 sensor for the emmissions error, and they actually are downloading the new software now!! I am going to have my beast back tomorrow!!!! Shocked they found the software update without any issues!!

·
1,764 Posts
Software updates can sometimes, take a very long time. If they hit upon any errors they have to completely restart. Goodluck....

:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Software updates can sometimes, take a very long time. If they hit upon any errors they have to completely restart. Goodluck....

:)
Took six hours to update mine for no DSC. Had to reset TPM, and a few other user defind settings also. Biggest issue was that it took about 15 minutes of running to show that there was actually oil in the engine.

·
1,764 Posts
Biggest issue was that it took about 15 minutes of running to show that there was actually oil in the engine.
I have the latest s/w upgrade (updated last week) and now my oil update takes less than 1 min. Are you updating oil info from the BC control on the turn signal?

Fast measurement
In addition to the continuous measurement, you
can also quickly determine the current oil level,
e.g. after adding engine oil.
1. With the engine at operating temperature,
i.e. after at least 6 miles/10 km of uninterrupted
driving, park the vehicle in a horizontal
position.
2. Allow the engine to run at idle.
3. Press the BC button in the turn signal lever
repeatedly until the oil level display is
shown in the instrument cluster.
4. Press the BC button in the turn signal lever
for at least 2 seconds.
The oil level is determined. A clock symbol
is displayed during the measurement.
5. After approx. 1 minute the current oil level is
displayed.

:cheers:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you saying there is a software update for reading oil level? Mine never reads real time oil level, even after following the procedure in the manual as you described. With Porsche, for example, if you add a quart, it will immediately show it if the engine is up to operating temp. I really hate not having a dipstick to confirm the electronic reading.

·
1,764 Posts
Are you saying there is a software update for reading oil level? Mine never reads real time oil level, even after following the procedure in the manual as you described. With Porsche, for example, if you add a quart, it will immediately show it if the engine is up to operating temp. I really hate not having a dipstick to confirm the electronic reading.
Yes! It used to say X.X (i.e. 1.0, 0.9,,,,0.1, 0.0), now it read "OK" when full/not needing and when needing oil says "+1qt" Still shows the small gauge. Works a lot better than previously. Supposedly BMW was getting a lot of flack for the way it worked, and people were over filling too often.
Strange on the "+1qt", since oil only comes in 1L bottles. :applause:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was out sick yesterday...just picked it up...it works!!!! Same issue with the oil...says "ok"...very happy!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts