BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my car was showing dreaded SES light, I called first VOB BMW, left message with SA twice, never heard back. Next, I called BMW of Sterling but with 4 weeks wait time for an appoitment, no way. My third option was little distance away :wroom: BMW of Towson. I called them on Monday, left message with SA, 15 minutes later, I had appoitment scheduled for Wednesday. They are very professional, have very nice facility, clean, delivered car back on time, provide rental (Enterprice, gave me 06 Taurus, I could not wait to get back into my M5). They did not complain about my aftermarket exhaust, even adjusted it ($$) since it was hitting heat shield on some bumps. I am very pleased with whole experience, and I will go back for next service.

They had a Dr.Dent right at service line, that took care of two dents on my doors.

SES Light faulted with P0139, P0159 (02 sensors) and P0441. There is Technical Bulletin issued by BMW, to reflush DME with new 02 sensor parameters on 2003 E39 (SIB 12 07 04).

Car runs so much better now, it feels like it gained 50 HP. When I press Sport button now, it lurches forward like never before.;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: ditto on BMW of Towson

WHen I got my M5 I surveyed the board. many said to use Terrance Savoy at BMW Towson. I've been there 3 time and had excellent service. Once terrance was not in and Richard berger helped me. Seems to be new there and I didn't care for him much, but service was still great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ditto on BMW of Towson

I used John Gray. He is really good SA.

Igor

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about the service at Towson. They have done several major repairs on my 2000 M5 and have knocked themselves out each time to do the best they could. My pet peave with SA's is responsiveness to repair issues as they're discovered, and closing the loop with me during the day on what's wrong and when's the car going to be fixed. Incredibly simple stuff, you say? Some dealers can't be bothered, or worse, provide service with a snarl. They're also performance enthusiasts and they also will install aftermarket hardware, unlike other dealers.

They do an outstanding job and I recommend them highly to anyone who will sit still to listen. They're three time farther than the closest BMW dealer to me, so that should tell you something.

In all fairness, Tate BMW in Annapolis has done great service for me as well, but I only once got a loaner car and the SAs more often than not needed harassing to find out repair status. I would recommend them as well, but the enthusiasm is not there like Towson.

My $0.02 worth. Your milage may vary. :rolleyes:

Cheers, cherrsagai cherrsagai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts