BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing oil change and filter tried to reset my sevice light but it just wont work

1. Get in the car, close the door, buckle the seatbelt.
  2. Push in the clutch pedal and hold it to the floor
  3. Press the left hand dash button (the one that resets your odometer) and hold it down
  4. Put the ignition key in the key slot, and turn it gently (very gently) until the dashboard lights come on - the key will not click - if it clicks you've gone too far and you have to start again. Hold the key in this position. In five seconds or so, the dash will display "SIA" and some other characters. Do not proceed until this happens.
  5. Release the dash button (and only the dashboard button) and then press and hold it again. In another 5 seconds or so the display should begin to flash "RESET?" Do not proceed until this happens.
  6. Release the dash button and push it again to confirm. You won't need to hold it - the display should change immediately and your service indicator will display five green LED's
Is uk cars diferent my car does not have sat nav,i have tried above many times now and it just wont work

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not in the UK and this doens't work on my car either. Mine never shows the SIA display. Not sure what the deal is. I'm currently on a yellow and red bar, so maybe once it passes all green it won't work:dunno:

My car is a 2000...not sure if this has an effect either. Sure wish it would work tho. Getting tired of looking at the lights.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
How about buying a Peake Code reader? Can reset the lights as well. Good investment for any M5 owner.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
169 Posts
After doing oil change and filter tried to reset my sevice light but it just wont work

1. Get in the car, close the door, buckle the seatbelt.
  2. Push in the clutch pedal and hold it to the floor
  3. Press the left hand dash button (the one that resets your odometer) and hold it down
  4. Put the ignition key in the key slot, and turn it gently (very gently) until the dashboard lights come on - the key will not click - if it clicks you've gone too far and you have to start again. Hold the key in this position. In five seconds or so, the dash will display "SIA" and some other characters. Do not proceed until this happens.
  5. Release the dash button (and only the dashboard button) and then press and hold it again. In another 5 seconds or so the display should begin to flash "RESET?" Do not proceed until this happens.
  6. Release the dash button and push it again to confirm. You won't need to hold it - the display should change immediately and your service indicator will display five green LED's
Is uk cars diferent my car does not have sat nav,i have tried above many times now and it just wont work
For euro cars:
1. Put the ignition key in the key slot.
2. Press the left hand dash button (the one that resets your odometer) and hold it down.
3. Turn the key until the odometer lights come on. Hold the key in this position. In five seconds or so, the dash will display "SIA" and some other characters.
4. Release the dash button and then press and hold it again. In another 5 seconds or so the display should begin to flash "RESET?"
5. Release the dash button and push it again to confirm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
For euro cars:
1. Put the ignition key in the key slot.
2. Press the left hand dash button (the one that resets your odometer) and hold it down.
3. Turn the key until the odometer lights come on. Hold the key in this position. In five seconds or so, the dash will display "SIA" and some other characters.
4. Release the dash button and then press and hold it again. In another 5 seconds or so the display should begin to flash "RESET?"
5. Release the dash button and push it again to confirm.

This still not working for me, any other suggestions?
Any way to reset the service indicator with DIS?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts