BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 1200mile service included or charged for? Has anyone got fully inclusive servicing or fixed price servicing for the first three years?. I was told by my dealer that BMW weren't likely to offer this as the car is so new and unlike their previous top end V8s, so they don't won't to take a risk. That didn't sound desperately confident to me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
turton said:
Is the 1200mile service included or charged for? Has anyone got fully inclusive servicing or fixed price servicing for the first three years?. I was told by my dealer that BMW weren't likely to offer this as the car is so new and unlike their previous top end V8s, so they don't won't to take a risk. That didn't sound desperately confident to me.
The first service is included in the purchase price, but your dealer is right, I'm afraid. There is no service package available for the M5... :sad1: I don't think it's so much to do with taking a risk, just that it would have been too expensive to put together a servicing package for what will be a particularly limited number of very high tech cars.

·
Registered
829 Posts
John P. Reyes said:
My 1200 mile service cost me $500 at the current exchange rate.grrrrrrr
I'm not sure how it works in the philipines but you do get a 3 year warranty which includes regular servicing and this includes the 1200mile servicing. I thought this was pretty much standard all over the world.

·
Registered
82 Posts
turton said:
Included up to 100'000km

·
Registered
246 Posts
frylord said:
I'm not sure how it works in the philipines but you do get a 3 year warranty which includes regular servicing and this includes the 1200mile servicing. I thought this was pretty much standard all over the world.
I thought so too. But seeing as BMW only sells 30 to 40 cars a year over here, they have to make money somewhere. :nono: :grrrr:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts