BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I believe a few guys on the board use Manhattan BMW for service.

Anyone want to recommend a competent, non-condescending, truthful, service advisor that listens ?

I'm having LOTS of problems with my m3:

tires lasting < 4k miles (4 sets of rears in the last year)
grinding engine
unstable feel
smg coming out of gear
cracking trim
10.4 mpg
etc.

Thanks for any recommendations. :M5thumbs:
I would like to get my car running like it use to. :M5launch:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well , you can do what I do for one thing.

Write everything down on paper. Give them a copy, and on the paper instruct them to diagnose and quote repair. There is no wiggle room or bull****ing then from the SA.

If they cannot duplicate the problem, then you drive the car with the service manager or mechanic in the car with you, and reproduce the problem.

You have to be nice, but you also have to put them in to a corner so they only have one course of action, and there are no issues , like they cant find the problem.

Once they experience the problem themselves, the diagnosing will be something else. Some things take an unreal amount of effort to propperly diagnose, even with those fancy computers they have , so cut them a bit of slack in this department. Just insist that they do get it right when you give it to them to repair.

It's nice to have a service advisor on your side when payment time comes, they can do a lot if they wish to. But in order to get the thing fixed you have to take their competence out of the picture. It's the mechanic that will find and fix the problems. Any service advisor is good enough to take your order.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another horrible service experience. I've come to the conclusion that all dealerships are a waste of time

They did do the bearing recall, flushed my brakes, and washed my car.

They refuse to work on my subframe issues because I didn't get it fixed there in the first place. So much for a dealer network...

My engine still grinds, "it's a race engine".

I got another great service advisor.... lucky me grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sharif said:
Hi,
Anyone want to recommend a competent, non-condescending, truthful, service advisor that listens ?
In Manhattan? :rolleyes: :haha:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last try...

Anyone in the NY area want to recommend a good Lemon Lawyer ???

My bodyshop friend is telling me that my frame is still out of place.

Thanks in advance.... :byebye:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sharif, I went there ONCE...and never again. I had some work done to the car and while they did finally fix everything, it was a nightmare getting a straight answer from anyone...much less a call back from the service manager! :nono:

I should have known it was going to be a mistake the minute I got in and there were like 50 cars waiting...at 7:30 in the AM!! The person I was supposed to see had taken a couple days off and didn't bother to tell anyone who had made an appointment with him!!!grrrrrrr

I've been in the NJ/NY area for a few years now, and been to a number of dealerships with the M3 and the M5...and for the most part they are A-holes when it comes to customer service!!!
I've recently found one dealership that I'm very happy with, Difeo BMW in Tenafly, NJ...even though they still won't give me a loaner because I didn't buy my car there...:confused2 What the hell is taht all about??? Anyone else encounter these so called "policies" elsewhere????

Excellent service, great facility, drive in Saturday service...ask for Steve Vallelanes or Chuck Fitter. Best of luck man...

I know NY'er's hate NJ, but it's worth the ride over the GWB. Trust me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used to live in NY and the dealer that seemed to have the least complaints was Rallye Motorsports out on the island. Im sure theyre not perfect, but from what i remember, they were quite compitent. Also you might want to PM FAST5. I think he works with a dealership now in NJ as a dinan rep, maybe he can have some receommendations. Hes a straight guy so im sure he wont bullshit anyone.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice everyone :byebye:

Unfortunately, my friend with a bodyshop looked at my car and told me my frame might be misaligned !

I called the dealer that did the WARRANTY frame work and they want a BMW rep to come down and look at the car. :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I cannot say much positive about Rallye- watch out if you are not a big spender. I can say I usually had good experiences at Manhattan, but I have moved on as has my SA.... Just goes to show for every dealership there are those who love and hate them. I'm sorry I don't know anyone to recommend to you. If you can wait a few days I can ask around to see if there is someone there that's recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts