BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble making a decision on the exterior color for my M5.

I have a Blue/White Viper GTS that has a color similar to the Interlagos Blue. It is a medium Blue in bright light with some purple but remains medium blue at night. It does not seem to have the range of darkness like Interlagos Blue.

I like the Interlagos Blue in the sun. but am afraid it is too dark/whiteish at night/cloudy days. I would love that Chrome Shadow, but it seems like that is not an option.

How about Sepang Bronze? My friend was at the M factory a few weeks ago and said that the Interlagos Blue was so-so, but Sepang Bronze was awesome. I have not been able to find many pictures of Sepang Bronze.

Viper

·
Registered
559 Posts
Some great "real world" photos of Sepang Bronze are the following, all taken by other esteemed members of the board.

Best regards,

Spiroman

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe the sepang is more a clasic color and suits the 7-series more than a real sport car like the M5.

I will be ordering either silverstonII in & out or Alpine weight & red:thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Car seems a bit dirty, but anyhow the most beautiful M5 E60 colour! :15:

·
Registered
101 Posts
From the photos, Sepang seems to be a very understated color. Does anyone have photos of the Sepang interior ?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
My god Spiroman's pics above is the car i'm ordering - Sepang + Black! Said it before but black/blue/silver IMO is too common, and i think it looks regal/understated/elegant in Sepang. Each to their own!!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
559 Posts
M5saloon said:
My god Spiroman's pics above is the car i'm ordering - Sepang + Black! Said it before but black/blue/silver IMO is too common, and i think it looks regal/understated/elegant in Sepang. Each to their own!!

Cheers,
David.
Excellent choice, David!:cheers:

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sepang Bronze - Portland ?

One more combo that I have not seen is Sepang Bronze with the Portland interior and Walnut. Any board member have photos of this ?

Looks like the US ordering frenzy has started......too bad BMWNA does not have an online configurator yet.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Re: Sepang Bronze - Portland ?

BMW_Addiction said:
......too bad BMWNA does not have an online configurator yet.
. . . and it apparently won't until October.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
There is a video of a sepang M5 posted on m5ftp.leaseweb.com. Its title is "e60_5_testrit_duitsland.wmv". It has been posted a while back, but if you are trying to determine if you like the color, it is a useful video if you have not seen it. See Enrico's thread at http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56979 for details about m5ftp.leaseweb.com, and thanks again to Enrico for making it available.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My order is in for Sepang + Portland + Olive

Has anyone seen the Infiniti FX color Beryllium ? The Infiniti Beryllium looks very close to Spiroman's photos and I love the Beryllium.

If I could get the black wood, I might opt for the black leather. The aluminum contrasts with every interior color, IMHO. The grain on the olive wood is a bit loud but, the color compliments the portland nicely.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Re: My order is in for Sepang + Portland + Olive

I'm undecided on color as well and am curious about the Sepang Bronze. In pics, it does look quite good but sometimes I look at it and wonder if it might be too brown. Man, I wish they would give us chrome shadow (w/o the $20k charge :) How many of you guys have actually seen Sepang in person?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I've seen it in person and we are taking delivery of one either the next or the upcoming week. It's very nice :haha2:

Not very dark (we saw it in bright sunshine), just shiny and uhm hot! :M5rev:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts