BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the sensor for under the front bumper on the passenger side?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Its the ambient temperature sensor..
If yours is bad or broken off your car likely thinks its -40c outside..
Which reminds me of my ghetto rigged temperature sensor..
It broke and was dragging so I stuffed it back in there and the car thinks its always around +20 degrees or so..
It needs this sensor to properly calculate the climate control settings..
Anyone know where to get the splash guard that it seats into besides the dealer where its $120 big ones!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Its the ambient temperature sensor..
If yours is bad or broken off your car likely thinks its -40c outside..
Which reminds me of my ghetto rigged temperature sensor..
It broke and was dragging so I stuffed it back in there and the car thinks its always around +20 degrees or so..
It needs this sensor to properly calculate the climate control settings..
Anyone know where to get the splash guard that it seats into besides the dealer where its $120 big ones!
I have one that is only a few months old that I can sell you. I have small piece that chipped off while I was trying to remove that front/passenger wheel. Could sell it for $75 if you are interested. Let me know man.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Tischer lists it for $92, you can ask your local dealer to match, they usually try to come close, if you want a new one, that is.

·
Registered
318 Posts
funny, I'm looking for the same part (fender liner) ... mine's completely broken and it loooks gheeetooooooo.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, I've been meaning to replace mine for months, then I took out the driver side in that last snow storm. :mad:

When I get new, (soon dangit) I'm coating with urthane or bedliner or something. Surprisingly for all the times the sensor has been found hanging out. It's still working just fine.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I pulled mine out and relocated it somehwere cooler, I hated the ridiculous temps recorded with it sitting a few inches above a hot road, couldn't be good for either mixture readings or climate control I figure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts