BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Fellow Members,

After much soul searching I have decided to sell my one-owner 2010 E60 M5 as I am going another route-collector cars. I believe my Carbon Black/Black M5 is arguably the lowest mileage (15,800 miles), best condition (not a mark on it) and fastest bolt-on E60 M5 on the Board. I have posted 11.5 seconds at 123 mph 1/4 mile times and 150.7 mph in standing start 1/2 runs. Anyone who knows my car will attest to my assessment and time slips. The car has always been garaged and has never been driven in the snow and was only caught in the rain 3 or 4 times.

I also have a set of Miro 111s with Conti DWs and two forged racing wheels with Hoosier 315 drag radials that are included-three and a half sets of wheels and tires in all. The sticker price was almost exactly $100k and the mods noted in my signature cost around $35k. For someone who wants the best, this is your car but I'm not giving it away. I am pricing the car at $75k with all the mods or $55k back to stock. I would prefer to sell the car with the mods but I will part it out if I have too. Please no low ball offers.

Best,
KenL<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

Reactions: M5loo

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Gorgeous in a simplistic way. What a beaut! Sorry to hear you're selling it and hope she finds a good home. So what's the replacement?

Reactions: KenL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Gorgeous in a simplistic way. What a beaut! Sorry to hear you're selling it and hope she finds a good home. So what's the replacement?
I second that, and GLWS! Awesome machine you have there! :checkeredflag:

Cheers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mind sharing the last 7 of the vin? I have an 08, with every conceivable option, and want to buy the newest E60 M5 I can. Your's might be it. I simply must have some of the tricks I have though...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
You know I will miss you having your M5 but I know were your going and you will love your new ride just as much. If you part it out give me a call.
This is the car you want if your buying a M5!!! No other owner has ever taken better care or been so perfectly modified. Great owner great car even better buy! You won't need any luck to sell it just someone that wants the perfect car!
My best to you, Ken

Stay in touch. Friend

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mind sharing the last 7 of the vin? I have an 08, with every conceivable option, and want to buy the newest E60 M5 I can. Your's might be it. I simply must have some of the tricks I have though...
PM'd VIN.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know I will miss you having your M5 but I know were your going and you will love your new ride just as much. If you part it out give me a call.
This is the car you want if your buying a M5!!! No other owner has ever taken better care or been so perfectly modified. Great owner great car even better buy! You won't need any luck to sell it just someone that wants the perfect car!
My best to you, Ken

Stay in touch. Friend
Thanks for the kind words, Curtis. I'll make sure you get one of the first rides in the Hemi when I find the one I like.
Best,
Ken

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'64 Plymouth Max Wedge and (hopefully) '64 Plymouth Hemi, eventually.

·
Registered
975 Posts
$75k and it says no "low ballers" in the same respect you are a bit high ballin.

Reactions: Gcal08

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$75k and it says no "low ballers" in the same respect you are a bit high ballin.
IMHO it is difficult for me to fully explain in writing all the care, work and condition I assign to my car because it needs to be seen. I believe it is one of a kind and should command a premium price. It's the old "you get what you pay for". It may not be for someone as a daily driver but for more of a collector like me who wants to baby it and continue keeping it in a heated garage and only drive it when the sun is shining.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Awesome car indeed. Mods do not typically add value to a car. To some, they even detract. You will need to find the right buyer, I think.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome car indeed. Mods do not typically add value to a car. To some, they even detract. You will need to find the right buyer, I think.
Thanks. You're right about finding the right buyer. I may well have to part out the mods to get the most value but so far I have received quite a bit of interest in the mods because the mods are top drawer with very low mileage on them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before I part it out, any more interest in my car with all the mods?
Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
GLWS Ken, going to miss you being around the forum :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Before I part it out, any more interest in my car with all the mods?
Thanks, guys.
Sorry to see you go. You'll miss the V10 :)
Need to find the right buyer, like I did, without parting it out? Go to a local/not so local, exotic car dealer. Preferably one with lots of not too old Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches and alike and have them selling it for you. They'll have the right customers visiting them and that kind of customers will want your car. They just don't know it yet or won't see it coming. ...until it's a done deal ;). And that's when they either have test driven it or understood the combination of performance and comfort, that's really unparalleled.
It took my guy less than 24 hrs to sell mine. I mean why buy an old Ferrari or Audi R8, that costs twice as much and goes less?? They just need to be reminded of that first.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice and tastefully modded M5. if you ever decided to part out the vehicle, let me know. GLWS
Thanks and I'll keep you posted on the mod part-out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts