BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I purchased the race precision (rpi) GTS section 1,2 and 3 exhaust last week and installed in on my e60 M5 on monday. Thank you Eloy for the great customer service that you provided me. The sound and performance is awesome! but the cabin noise is a little much for my daily driving and having clients in the car for work purposes. So I've decided to sell it. It has about 3 hours of driving time on it. I'm selling it for 2,400 kit retails for 3k. If you live around the San Francisco Bay area and are interested please let me know.

Please email me at marluci7 @ aol.com

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Ring any bells anyone?

I did exacty the same for the same reasons. Awsome customer service, awesome product just way to load for me (and my neighbours!) as well.

Sorry to see this and this is why I have stressed to others if you can 'try before you buy'.

If your not bothered about a bit of noise and want an awesome exhaust with proven power gains grab a deal here. #

Good luck

Jay

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hi everyone,

I purchased the race precision (rpi) GTS section 1,2 and 3 exhaust last week and installed in on my e60 M5 on monday. Thank you Eloy for the great customer service that you provided me. The sound and performance is awesome! but the cabin noise is a little much for my daily driving and having clients in the car for work purposes. So I've decided to sell it. It has about 3 hours of driving time on it. I'm selling it for 2,400 kit retails for 3k. If you live around the San Francisco Bay area and are interested please let me know.
What kind of cabin noise do you have? Does it drone?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Sorry to hear you're selling the exhaust. Perhaps try lining the undercarriage with Dynamat to absorb the sound? That's what member C's Bimmer did for his car with his RPI GT exhaust which is probably about 20% louder than the GTS.

Great price on a relatively new exhaust though. I'm trying to think of anyone I know locally that might want it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of cabin noise do you have? Does it drone?

drone is at a minimal if any. At idle and getting out of first gear is my main reason. I commute with the car and use it with other passengers in it. In stock form the car is so quite and I love that.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I thought the GTS system was quieter than the normal GT system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the GTS system was quieter than the normal GT system?

The GTS is quieter then the GT. Everybody will have a different opinion on sound. The kit sounds great!

Since im new to the forums , the site won't let me email back to the members. so you can email me at marluci7 @ aol.com
Thank you

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Email sent just wanted more info.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey - I might be interested!
I had an Eisenmann Race system and that was definitely too loud for me!
Ist there a big difference in loudness between them?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh man!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Did you buy it Melissa? :)

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Why did you get rid of your tubi? What is it you did not like about it?
It wasn't that I didn't like it, Tubi definitely has an unique sound, no cabin drone what so ever which for me was a big plus, but I wanted to try a different set up. Plus the price Marin was offering didn't hurt either, I realize RPi is offering 20% off until the end of this month on their exhaust systems but I figured I save on shipping cost. Marin even had his guys install the exhaust on my car at his auto body shop so I had the pleasure of driving the car home with the new exhaust on :eek:

·
Registered
227 Posts
It wasn't that I didn't like it, Tubi definitely has an unique sound, no cabin drone what so ever which for me was a big plus, but I wanted to try a different set up. Plus the price Marin was offering didn't hurt either, I realize RPi is offering 20% off until the end of this month on their exhaust systems but I figured I save on shipping cost. Marin even had his guys install the exhaust on my car at his auto body shop so I had the pleasure of driving the car home with the new exhaust on :eek:
In your opinion, how does your new RPI set-up compare to your old tubi?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Reactions: ALOTAJS
1 - 20 of 30 Posts