BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

With a heavy heart, It looks as if I need to sell my dream car, my beautiful M5. We are buying a house and the down payment is pretty hefty so the beast must go.

I've owned this car for about 3 years and during the years I have owned it, I have built it into my dream car. It is the perfect setup. It's practical and tame, it's a 4 door, safely and comfortably carries my 3 year old, and 10 month old in their car seats along with my wife. It's surprisingly efficient when you are cruising down the highway. But the moment you decide you need to get up and go, the car goes insane. You really need to know what you are doing when you decide to hit the gas as it turns from a peaceful subtle ride into a fire breathing insane beast that can get away from you if you aren't careful. I found that the Nitto NT-01 racing tires are the best tires to use with this car as they are the only tires I can get to grip the road when you are trying to move forward in a hurry. Also, it will practically pop your eyes out of your head if you stop to fast, it stops so damn fast with the big brakes and sticky tires. This setup has saved me and the car on multiple occasions when some jerk decides to pull in front of you or cut you off.

I have receipts totaling well over $40k and thats not including what I paid for the car. The entire suspension is new. All supporting modifications have been made for the extra power including the rear diff reinforcement kit from Dinan, and poly motor mounts, shock tower braces and all new bushings and joints throughout the entire suspension.

This car is serious and I hope the new owner of this car will be able to handle it's insanity. Who ever you are that ends up with this car will be very happy as I will be taking a major loss and I don't think you would be able to build a car like this for the money I am asking.

We are closing on this house in a couple week and need this car sold.

I have it on both eBay and Craigslist. It's located in Fort Lauderdale, FL and is driven daily.

See below links for all the details.

BMW M5 M5 | eBay

Call me with any questions.

Thanks!

Eric (646)388-0899

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great looking car!

Little OT, but how are you liking the UUC twin disk? Which disk are you running?

GLWS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great looking car!

Little OT, but how are you liking the UUC twin disk? Which disk are you running?

GLWS!
Hello and thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure what you mean by "OT".

The clutch I'm running is the organic twin disc. It took a little getting use to. I put this clutch in before the car was supercharged and it had a pretty loud rattle at idle which all turns out to be normal for this clutch. I ended up changing the transmission fluid to a heavy viscosity mix as they recommended and it helped a little. After the car was supercharged, I think some of the rattle sound became absorbed into the supercharger because the rattle diminished quite a bit. You can still hear some gear mesh at lower rpm's below 1800, having rigid motor mounts doesn't help as a lot of the vibration from the engine and drivetrain are transferred to the cabin. Also, if you let it out to quick, every once in a wile you hear a pretty loud friction/slip sound I which I think is the discs gripping the flywheel and pressure plate. This flywheel setup is much lighter than stock so it also took some getting use to the sensitivity of it. With less rotating mass to keep the engine turning, it is much easier to stall, however the engine has a much more rapid rev/acceleration rate. All that freed up rotating mass gets transferred directly to the wheels which makes the car feel much more responsive. Other than dealing with the extra sound and the learning curve, it's a bullet proof clutch. Never had any issues with slipping and it feels pretty much stock, other that a slightly stiffer clutch petal feel. Overall I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it listed for $35,000. I'm a bit hesitant to sell the car now as the only reason I was selling it was to raise some money for a down payment on a house I was purchasing. Also, the price I was asking was at a big loss on my end as I have way more into it than $35k. I had come up with the money I needed and closed on the house last week so I'm not actively selling the car anymore, however, cash does talk.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Good call to hold on to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts