BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifestyle choices, Minnesota winters and a son who wants my winter Hemi Truck have made me decide to sell my M5 in favor of an X5 or Mercedes SUV. Can someone help me with what's it's worth? Afraid the local dealers will treat me poorly on a trade and maybe I'm better off selling privately.

2003 Carbon Black, 10,250 miles (no tracking), black luxury leather, M audio, split fold-down seats, bluetooth mobile phone kit. Paint's perfect, used colgan bra on front-end.

Thanks to the group.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands for $40K...:hihi:

From your description I believe your car should be worth $57-59K. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I think 57-59 MIGHT be a tad high... it will depend on catching the right buyer.

The low miles helps, your location hurts (LA or SF would help). I'd say 55-57k.

you WILL NOT get this from a dealer... private party only.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55702

Shoot tws_andrew a note...

On the cpo thing, you might convince a BMW dealer to act as a middle man in any possible deal- for 2k they can slap a cpo on it and make 500-700 for 30 minutes of work...

A

·
Registered
377 Posts
ChipH said:
Lifestyle choices, Minnesota winters and a son who wants my winter Hemi Truck have made me decide to sell my M5 in favor of an X5 or Mercedes SUV. Can someone help me with what's it's worth? Afraid the local dealers will treat me poorly on a trade and maybe I'm better off selling privately.

2003 Carbon Black, 10,250 miles (no tracking), black luxury leather, M audio, split fold-down seats, bluetooth mobile phone kit. Paint's perfect, used colgan bra on front-end.

Thanks to the group.
I would check: http://www.galves.com/

I believe they are more accurate than Edmonds or Kelley.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Too bad...I was looking for a 2003 a month or so ago...exactly like yours. I already bought an M5 though. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts