BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good selling price for my 2007 M6 Coupe Black (39,400 miles) Lots of mods!! Dinan Stage 3 Engine system and Stage 1 suspension system, carbon fiber vented hood, eisermann race exhaust, supersprint headers (not installed yet), new rims, tinted windows, wheel spacers. $70,000.00 ????

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Good luck with selling the beast , just let me know if you are going to sell your SS headers , thank you .

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If you can't get the asking price and decide to part it out, please let me know! Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is 70k what you really want out of it? If so I would up it to add a little negotiation room. With the mods you mentioned I think that is a very fair price for an educated buyer who realizes what they are getting.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Do you have any pics we can see?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics are coming when I figure out how to download into system and of course there is negotiation room, just wanted some feedback. thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
you should part it out.
realistically, you'll probably get something in the low 40s for it.
As difficult as it is to accept, he's completely right. The modified car market is very small, and all modders know you never get back what money you put in. The average rate is about 1/3 the value. If you drop the car off to a dealer, if you are lucky they will give you blue book value for the car but many will try to take advantage and cite potential warranty issues or damage caused by parts that weren't BMW OEM, etc.

However, it is certainly in your best interest to get every penny out of it, so I would try eBay & AutoTrader and set the value near what you put in... because you never know, you may just find the guy who is in the market for a car and planned similar mods... it will save him time & money and help you recoup some of your expenditures.

The problem with part-out, is you have to pay wrench time (or do it yourself) to return the car to stock... only to sell used mods which typically go for 1/3 to 1/2 their retail value.... but, the market for parts is larger and easier than for that of a modified car (because people have such varied tastes and modification plans).

At any rate, best of luck! Post up some pics and let us know if you decide to part out... we'll let our friends know about it and help you get the word out. Especially since you are a relatively short commute from the North East / Mid Atlantic region.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
+1 you won't get 10 cents on the dollar for most mods, IAUO.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I hope Ajax remembers that when he sells me his Tubi!!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I hope Ajax remembers that when he sells me his Tubi!!!
Roger that. Ajax saved his old exhaust for that day, and will swap out the Tubi for the 2010.

Reactions: Deadgame

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Unfortunately our toys have taken a huge hit in the market. I see no way to get out for what the car is worth to me. I will thus drive it forever. (Wish I could easily expand my garage so I could get another car in.) Maybe I will use it as my coffin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts