BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
:hihi:I drive reads driving ability from adapts accordingly.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
maybe u have not rechead yet 1200miles? so S6 is blocked...

NO IT IS NOT. How long is it going to take to put an end to this myth! Neither S6 nor P500 are locked out during break in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe, only launch control is blocked before 1200miles service.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Reactions: pvr

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Correct. NOTHING is locked out. Many, many, many people have driven the crap out of their cars right off the bat.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
So what is done at the 1200 mile check? The dealer told me that full capabilities would not be available until enabled at 1200 miles which I naively believed. I await enlightenment. ;-)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
So what is done at the 1200 mile check? The dealer told me that full capabilities would not be available until enabled at 1200 miles which I naively believed. I await enlightenment. ;-)
Basic once over...........crankcase, diff oil and filter change.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting. Any idea where this myth comes from? I certainly didn't know enough going in to make it up and before the 1.2K mile check service I am almost certain that I could not get the "P500" mode to engage in "M=Mode" (the option was grayed out) nor could I get the "Power" button to illuminate. What was I doing wrong?

·
Registered
58 Posts
switch off DSC, you can only select S6 if the DSC is comepltely switched off, not even MDM mode would allow you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts