BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
I currently have a matte white wrap on the car, and my all account love how it looks. It is easy to wash, but can be tough to keep clean. Washing the car requires little more than water, some soap and drying. It is far easier than trying to keep the swirls off a nice coat of paint. That said, it is also harder to wash some of the grease, grime and pollen off the car. On my white wrap the pollen seems to blend in fairly well, especially on a remotely sunny day when you are pretty much blinded.
I've had this wrap on for about a year now, of which it spent 6 months in storage while I was deployed. I suspect I will have it re-wrapped by the end of this year but I'm not sure what colo(u)r.

I'm looking for feedback from those who have/had their cars wrapped and what their experiences were in terms of maintaining it.
How did your wrap look after 6 months? How did dirt and pollen affect it? Was it easy to clean off? Did the wrap stain irreversibly, or was it ok as long as you cleaned it?

Pictures of your car would be greatly appreciated as well as right now I am very torn on what colo(u)r to wrap it.
Matte grey? Orange? A burgundy red?

Thoughts?
Thank you,
~Pat

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does look interesting - thanks for the pics.

Anyone else have experience with different color wraps?

·
Registered
13 Posts
On the fence with wrapping my car. Was thinking white, black, or grey.

Heard stories of how difficult it was to keep matte white wraps clean, and smudges were almost impossible to get out. You haven't had these issues?

Was also thinking of black, but live in an area with heavy pollen pollution, and wasn't sure what type of effect it would have.

Ultimately think I'll go with grey. Mainly because of the neutrality between black and white, but also because I'm looking at getting some matte black wheels which would provide the overall color scheme with some contrast.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not sure if you saw my previous post - but i initially looked at the wrapping route - even bought the colour i needed, but on my track car (as its got so many dings and scratches) we decided to dip it black . The results were astounding in Matte Black, and it was really easy to do so long as the gun is clean and the car is clean. For the sake of £150 for the paint and thinners and an afternoon i think i will be going this route...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if you saw my previous post - but i initially looked at the wrapping route - even bought the colour i needed, but on my track car (as its got so many dings and scratches) we decided to dip it black . The results were astounding in Matte Black, and it was really easy to do so long as the gun is clean and the car is clean. For the sake of £150 for the paint and thinners and an afternoon i think i will be going this route...
Interesting. How does it look up close? Is it as nice as a wrap? I understand that from 10' it may look great, but what about as you get up close to it?
I'm still thinking of going the dark grey or deep orange color, but have found very little info on long term maintenance. All I have thus far is my matte white experience. I know matte black shows the dust very easily, which I am not fond of.

Please post pics of your car :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I may like the orange, but might want something a little deeper, more like a burnt orange. I'm not a fan of the purple. I really am tempted with matte grey, but would need to see how the grey holds up to the elements/pollen before committing a whole car to it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I like the frozen gray. You can get this and various other matte gray shades in a wrap:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the frozen gray. You can get this and various other matte gray shades in a wrap:

Agreed. That looks amazing...but how does it hold up to the elements/dust/dirt/pollen? Any idea?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Carrisco. I'll take a look. Matte white isn't bad, but it's a lighter color. I'm just concerned about something darker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts