BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something wrong with the car? Even some used ones with low mileage which makes me wonder if the owners didn't like the vehicle (because they must have taken a big financial hit to sell the car back).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any examples?
Too many to list here, and I don't have the time to go find all the links. Search autotrader or cars.com and you'll find a few. Including two used ones with very little miles - suggesting the owners didn't like the car for some reason.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It is more than likely these are either 2/3 year lease vehicles that have come back from lease or the owners that purchased them traded them back to dealers before they took a complete bath on the depreciation. These cars suffer a huge hit of depreciation after the 2 to 3 yr mark making them affordable for the rest of us....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how these can be 2 or 3 year lease vehicles when the car has only been out in the USA for 1 year (if that). I'm talking only about 2011 B7's in this post; not older ones.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well that is even easier to answer....
Except for the owners that preordered or purchased when the first came out, not many want to spend 130 -138k dollars on them. Alpina still is not a Name Brand that many here in NA even know about....unlike AMG for example

But I will tell you I think they are getting sold because there were 4 or 5 last week on Ebay that are no longer there and not many dealers sitting on them according to Bing/Google searches.....

But it is a great time to buy a used older one....35-45k I am seeing with -20k miles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Whatever the case may be that there are cars sitting I find it highly unlikey that the owners don't like the car. I am 4 months and 8,000 miles into mine and it is easily the finest automobile I have ever owned. Alpina worked magic on an already stellar 7 series. I just can't believe that anyone thinking they might like this car found the experience anywhere near unacceptable.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:trophy_bronze:

Whatever the case may be that there are cars sitting I find it highly unlikey that the owners don't like the car. I am 4 months and 8,000 miles into mine and it is easily the finest automobile I have ever owned. Alpina worked magic on an already stellar 7 series. I just can't believe that anyone thinking they might like this car found the experience anywhere near unacceptable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ditto to SWB3

I am thinking the used ones are either folks that could not make the payments or dealers who's owners took them as exec demos and than sell them a bit cheaper after a few months of use. kind of like the high end exotics with 1200 miles or less on the floor
in reagard to brand new ones that are at dealers, i see them on line but not at my local NY NJ dealers. All or most of the first years B7s like mine are special orders cars that filled the production pipe line. i waited 5 months for mine
After year one BMW NA may start placing some orders to keep production commitments to Alpina and than places them at dealers to sell.
My first 2008 B7 was that type of car, my dealer had sold 2 or 3 to special order clients than BMW NA sent them one fully loaded that they had no customer for. My dealer sat on it for several months till i bought it off the floor. I had never bought an off the floor car before, i always ordered and built. And the fact that it was Alpina Blue and i was a silver gray type guy, took me an extra week to commit. No regrets ever......
It is a very unique car and unless you know about it and want it in advance, having one on the floor expecting an walk in to buy it is a long shot. Typically when you spend that type of money you know what you want and customer order to your spec.
just my .02

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
All I know is I ordered one, took delivery, never looked back. The E65 model was great, and the F01/02 model is even better! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts