BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi) i have a 91 euro M5 sebring Grey that is missing the front lower skirt on the front bumper. im getiing it fixed with a new front bumpwer, but am not sure what color skirt it is exactly. the car is sebring and most skirts were in sebring grey so im confused. my side skirt is darker then the sebring so i think its Diamantschwarz Metallic, paint code: 181> but my back skirt is sebring so im confused as to what the front skirt should be .... ? can anyone out there with a sebring Grey help with this issue ? thanks in advance ! any pics are greatly appreciated as well !

regards

justin

·
Registered
163 Posts
jester5675 said:
hi) i have a 91 euro M5 sebring Grey that is missing the front lower skirt on the front bumper. im getiing it fixed with a new front bumpwer, but am not sure what color skirt it is exactly. the car is sebring and most skirts were in sebring grey so im confused. my side skirt is darker then the sebring so i think its Diamantschwarz Metallic, paint code: 181> but my back skirt is sebring so im confused as to what the front skirt should be .... ? can anyone out there with a sebring Grey help with this issue ? thanks in advance ! any pics are greatly appreciated as well !

regards

justin
On my '91 Sebring Grey 3.6 the skirt is also Sebring Grey, i'll post a link to pictures of the front when I get home.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
the factory standards for the contrast-colour on a 3.6 were
1) diamantschwarz-met. (181 M) - or
2) sebringgrau-met.
-
if the car itself was -sebringgrau- the contrast wud normally be -diamantschwarz-met. HOWEVER
first owner could choose ANOTHER or NONE contrast-colour against an -extra pay- (the original-build-sheet for your car shud show if the -contrast-colour-
was -factory standard- or -extra pay option-)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wish I had a build sheet for mine.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
BURTON said:
Wish I had a build sheet for mine.
-
-
ask BMW GB -customer service- to send you one, as long as it is for YOUR
car (they might wish to see a proof of ownership) it shud be ok -
when you call avoid the 'you can't have it-lady', there is a very helpful guy
who will help you, very unfortunately I do not have his name (this info comes
from another member in this forum after I hv told him to try, again I regret can not recall his 'forum-name')
Good luck ! :typing: :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
911 Posts
My '90 Sebring Grey car has the Diamond black met. lower trim and as mention above by M5touring reg your local dealer should be able to provide you with a build sheet if you ask your parts man nicely and give him your VIN. This should tell you whether or not the car had contrasting trim originally. Personally i prefer it with,but thats up to you!!!!!:byebye:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
M5touring reg said:
-
-
ask BMW GB -customer service- to send you one, as long as it is for YOUR
car (they might wish to see a proof of ownership) it shud be ok -
when you call avoid the 'you can't have it-lady', there is a very helpful guy
who will help you, very unfortunately I do not have his name (this info comes
from another member in this forum after I hv told him to try, again I regret can not recall his 'forum-name')
Good luck ! :typing: :M5thumbs:
Mines from Germany.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
BURTON said:
Mines from Germany.
-
but they are all, are they not ???
ok, hiha I know what you mean BUT it shud NOT matter at all -
the build-sheet is just a 'screen-print' from the PC-computer -
there also is a language choice so that you can have yours in english-
just give it a try, good luck :typing:
-
PS: have you had a look under your seats ?, sometimes there is a build-sheet
under there, often under the back-seat-bench, in a plastic-pouch -

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
weird!

this looks like he's talking about the m5 i just bought!

It is sebring grey, has a sebring grey rear skirt, darker side skirts (diamond black i assume) and the front valance is all sebring grey, but the very lower front splitter bit below the headlights seems to be unpainted black/grey....

I'm probably going to get it all the same sebring grey when i get the few bits of bodywork tidied up.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Mine is sebring grey, but the lower part of the bmpr and skirts are not sebring grey nor diamont black..Just seems 3 tints darker than the body color, painting is def. OEM.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
yes I realised after posting, came up with this thread after doing a keyword search, but didn't realise at that time that it wasn't recent..thats what you get from trying to read up on knowledge through earlier posts... Anyhow, still adds some info right??

( and you've proven to be sharp enough after NY Eve darren.. was merely testing you.. lol):1:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Sebring NL said:
yes I realised after posting, came up with this thread after doing a keyword search, but didn't realise at that time that it wasn't recent..thats what you get from trying to read up on knowledge through earlier posts... Anyhow, still adds some info right??

( and you've proven to be sharp enough after NY Eve darren.. was merely testing you.. lol):1:

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
farrell said:
Wout
Seriously..I am pleased that you are researching the previous threads. :byebye:

Farrell
I know..But the amount of replies by me isn't artificially kept high, I always talk a lot..Feel free to take confrontation anytime ( but I don't need to encourage you right mate...) .:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Was just searching for interesting threads, after finding that GEM of a thread concerning the egyptian biturbo- birotor E34 I'm hooked...:eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The codes we need

What is the paint code for the Gray or Black skirting?

<!-- begin content --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->
  • Gray is: Sebring Grau Metallic, paint code 229
  • Black is: Diamantschwarz Metallic, paint code: 181

1 - 19 of 19 Posts