BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to Seattle in a few weeks, and I was hoping to get some insight into what dealer/shops to go to in the area.

Any help would be appreciate it. TIA.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When will you be here? Maybe all of the Seattle area owners should have a get together?

I have had a good experience with Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah. I had my 00M5 purchase inspection performed by them. They alos performed factory software updating and programming of custom functions.

With my now-sold E28 M5, I used Seattle BMW and CarTender. I wasn't impressed at all with Seattle BMW. My experience with CarTender wasn't that great though I have known one of the guys for several years. The founders of CarTender mostly came from Seattle BMW. I now will use Eastside for anything I can't handle.

Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A get-together sounds like a good idea. I will be in town sometime during the first week of august, so anytime after that could work out.

So you take your car to Eastside for oil changes and those kinds of things as well?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've also noticed in some threads that there are as many people that go to bmw of seattle as there are going to bmw of bellevue. Is it just personal preference? are they better at one thing than the other? are they both just as expensive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am relatively new to the area and am taking my M5 into BMW of Seattle for its 30k inspection on Sat. Never used any other shops here...I will let you know how it goes.....

·
Banned
386 Posts
Akira, nice to finally see u here!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I will be moving to Oak harbor washington, in six months, which is on whidbey Island, which is just a ferry ride away, so watch the neighborhood, property values will be coming down soon;) , maybe we will all meet up some day, Josh

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I'm sure Jason (atomic80) would know all about this - send him a PM

·
Registered
89 Posts
M5 is my first BMW, had it since Jan., no need for service yet so no perspective. I bought parts at BMW of Seattle since it's closer (I live in Queen Anne) but have test driven cars at BMW of Bellevue. My (very limited) experience at both places has been good. Seattle BMW is on a small lot with very limited parking, BMW of Bellevue has a huge lot and a lot of cars. I recognize that this is of absolutely no relevance. :)

Would also be interested in a meet. I've got an Anthracite/black bone-stock MY00 M5 with 17K miles.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Hi guys,

Most of you guys who posted here from Seattle are new to me. Welcome aboard! I've been on here for quite some time now. It's good to see that my M5 brethrens in Seattle is growing quite a bit. For a while, I thought I was the only regular member on here from Washington!

I originally bought my car from BMW of Bellevue and went there for service. But I've had a couple of somewhat questionable experiences with the service department there so I started going to BMW of Seattle. All of my services have been covered by warranty so I haven't had to pay anything out of my own pocket yet. However, my warranty is soon going to expire so I may start going elsewhere for service other than those covered by my maintenance warranty which I extended last year. For that, I'll continue going to BMW of Seattle. They've treated me very well in the past couple of years that I've been going there. I always use Suzanne Jay so I highly recommend her. They have loaner cars for your use but you have to reserve them in advance. I believe that on the days that they don't have loaner cars, they'll rent a car for you. I'm not positive on that though. They may have a small lot but their service is excellent. In addition to having a good service department, they also do Dinan products and services too. I've heard good things about Car Tenders from many other BMW friends but have had no direct experience with them. I have used a local service shop on the Eastside which I can't remember the name of. One other shop mentioned here, Eastside Bavarian comes highly recommended by many others as well as myself too. I did have some good experience with a few service technicians at BMW of Bellevue but they left that dealership to start up Eastside Bavarian over in Issaquah. I recommend them too. Overall, there are several good places to go to. I'd try BMW of Seattle, Eastside Bavarian, or Car Tenders.

And YES, we should have a meet soon! In case any of you folks didn't know, there's a BMW Concours coming up on July 23rd over at Cedar Park in Renton from I believe 9 am until 3 pm.

Go here to check it out: http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/events/2005-concours.htm.

I chose to display my car this year. I won first in class and people's choice last year. I'm also one of the judges this year too. Should be a fun event to attend!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everything went great at BMW of Seattle this weekend, Elle Lochelt and Suzanne Jay are great - very thorough, and finished the car exactly when stated. Fixed a rattle and a leak & everything is running like a charm. Unfortunately, you need to call a week or two ahead to get a loaner, but they have a courtesy shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up when the car is ready. Definitely a thumbs up!
Josh

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to Seattle!
I also use Seattle BMW due to the convienence, as m office is downtown, and work with Elle and Suzanne as well. Jason is certainly the Seattle Guru ( Hi Jason!).
Me, I'm usually in China, Dubai and Kuwait at least twice a month, so I'm usually somewhere else other than Seattle.
If you see a 2001 in Titanium silver, 9.5's all around, black brake duct openings,and Dinan badge, and hear the Dinan exhaust,it is probably me.
By the way, I'm based on Mercer Island, where at last count,there are at least 7 M5s, including at least annother Dinan car that I've counted, which makes them rather common here......the island is only 2mi X 11mi.
Martin

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well Mercer Island has a slightly higher income base then most places in WA so it's understandable to see M5's running around in such a small area ;)

oh and I'd be down for a seattle gathering

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm also from seattle (can you guess from my very creative name? :hihi: ) but haven't yet taken the plunge on the M5. Still deciding what to get and what to do. (You may have seen my other post on choosing between a 'burban/Cayenne/M5/other) I've test driven a 2002 last week from Bellevue BMW- was very nice.

Cool to hear about your concours this weekend. I might have to check it out. In fact, we're dropping the kiddo off at a babysitter and my wife and I are going car shopping. What better place to start than a concours!

Cheers!
Jeff

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Jeff,

I'll be at the Concours this year as one of the judges! I'm bringing my M5 to display so come look for me. My M5 will be easy to spot. Lemans blue with BBS CH wheels and the "M" colors up front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like many, I've had bad experiences at BMW Bellevue - and would never go there again. While under warranty I drove from the Eastside to BMW Seattle. Now I use Strictly BMW in Bellevue. They have always done a great job with my M5 and 2002tii...

·
Registered
569 Posts
DL said:
Like many, I've had bad experiences at BMW Bellevue - and would never go there again. While under warranty I drove from the Eastside to BMW Seattle. Now I use Strictly BMW in Bellevue. They have always done a great job with my M5 and 2002tii...

Is BMW Bellevue good or bad??

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
I'd stay away from BMW of Bellevue...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts