BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like a couple people are going to head down to Griots on Saturday, I think I will head that way as well. Hang out for about an hour then head up to 425 motorsports. BMW CCA is having an event there.

Sport Driving Tech Session at 425 Motorsports | BMW CCA Puget Sound Region

If you guys are interested in meet ups I encourage you to join the BMW CCA, its not too much and you get discounts at the local dealers for parts. also the a car control clinic that is pretty fun when the weather gets a bit better. After that you can participate in the driving schools and autocross events.

BMW CCA Puget Sound Region | At the Track

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just got to 425. Looks like I missed everyone. Doh! Was nice meeting Stemo at Griots.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am around Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue quite a bit so maybe I will run into you sometime. Say hi if you see me. :)
Wifey and I plus our 2 year old are looking hard into moving to that area next summer from SoCal. How is it up there? We are going to check it out this summer. Any good Indy shops, good twisty, scenic drives to do? Are there a good number of fellow ///Ms in the Seattle and metro area?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Wifey and I plus our 2 year old are looking hard into moving to that area next summer from SoCal. How is it up there? We are going to check it out this summer. Any good Indy shops, good twisty, scenic drives to do? Are there a good number of fellow ///Ms in the Seattle and metro area?
Love it but it's nothing like SoCal. I love my indy shop, great people and very knowledgeable. Quite a few great drives but have to be careful of bicyclists and police.

There's actually a pretty decent amount of ///Ms. I tend to see them often enough to know they're around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Spent most of my adult life in SoCal so a change would be welcome. I'll hit you up when I'm up there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
254 Posts
Some good indy shops, great scenic drives - the local chapter BMWCCA holds some nice events as well. Clearly not the driving you are use to in SoCal - I have never looked back, though with many family still down there I get to visit In N Out often enough mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Cool fellas. Thanks again. Looking forward to it. Wifey and I slapped the table the other day and we are going to make it a reality. Visit Seattle and the surrounding areas this summer and looking at moving early next summer up there (provided we like everything during our visit :cheers: Already looking at homes in Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah and others.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cool fellas. Thanks again. Looking forward to it. Wifey and I slapped the table the other day and we are going to make it a reality. Visit Seattle and the surrounding areas this summer and looking at moving early next summer up there (provided we like everything during our visit :cheers: Already looking at homes in Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah and others.
I knew I had to leave Seattle when we hit 100 days in a row of rain.... ONE HUNDRED. Nice and green all year round anyway! :)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hey I'll take that rain over the 2 months of 100-106 degree temperatures here in the summer. Everything is brown and the wildfires are here in full effect come summer time. Heck it's supposed to be 90 here on Sunday. Hopefully our last summer here before we trek to Seattle.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
racee78 & others, looks like I'll see you at ECFEST tomorrow. :biggrinbounce: I hope to pick your brains on Seattle and the surrounding areas. I'll be in a silver/gray Dinan badged E60 M5. License plate YJ M5.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
15 Participants
ykjones
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing