BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats, Jon, and welcome!
Agreed, congrats!
Thanks guys! Already got to work on the S62 (albeit not mine...yet). Replaced the valve cover gasket and fuel breather valve on my friends E39 beast this weekend. First time working on the S62, but the job went smoothly! Next on the list will be replacing my valve cover gaskets as I also have a slight leak. Also, took the car in for some PDR work and got some of the dings taken out of the doors from the PO. Looks much better now! :thumbsup:

Anyone have any recommendations for rock chip repairs or does everyone take care of themselves with Langka/Dr ColorChip?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another Seattle M5

Hey all. One more M5 in Seattle. Two weeks ago I flew down to San Diego and picked up an Indianapolis Red E60 6MT from another board member. Sounds like Jon and I could have had a caravan back!

Been looking for about a year, and the right one popped up. The M5 is a replacement for our E46, Lotus Elise, or Subaru STi. Just not sure which one yet. Annoyingly, they are all about the same speed 0-60 so it's hard to just cull the slowest one ;)

Hope to see some of you around.

--Ian

·
Registered
202 Posts
Where abouts in Seattle are you guys located? I spotted a silver E39 outside my building over the weekend and I know a gray E39 is around my neighborhood as I see him heading off in the morning.

I'm around the International District, near the stadiums. Anyone else around there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Going to be a work in progress....

But just getting it is step one, right? 2000 Silverstone. Needs a bit, but less than I originally thought, mostly suspension. And a good detailing!

Bill R.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice to see some new owners. Maybe we can have a meet soon that will be more than 3 cars ;)?
Well I know I would have another (Duy on these forums) also just picked up an M5 and is in Kirkland. I've got some friends who attend the Dick's meet up in Edmonds sometimes (non M guys though).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im way down in the Male Valley area. Work up in Georgetown though. Saw what I swear was a Silverstone M5 while I was heading home Wed, on the 405 NB near southcenter. The whole time I was looking for mine, I never saw any, few days after grabbing this one, and I spot another in the same color....

Bill R.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I know I would have another (Duy on these forums) also just picked up an M5 and is in Kirkland. I've got some friends who attend the Dick's meet up in Edmonds sometimes (non M guys though).

Yup, I am definitely in. I got a coworker with a carbon black beast as well who would be down.

A little late to the show, but as Jon mentioned I picked up my beast a month ago. It needs an almost embarrassing amount of TLC, but it was a good deal and I figured why not bring some justice to such a beautiful machine. Still drives like a dream but needs some attention to the paint and various items that itch the perfectionist piece of me. It's awesome to join a forum with such a huge group of knowledgeable people. :byee55amg

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in Canada all weekend so I won't be able to join. After that, I'll be out of commission from driving for a few weeks. Take some good picssss and hopefully we can catch a nice sunny November weekend.
:viking:

101 - 120 of 343 Posts