BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, I am a big guy, and just squeez into my M5. I bought this car on impulse and love it. My question is did they ever offer an optional width driver seat? On long trips my legs get very sore from the metal bars that hold up the bolsters. I am 6'5", 250 lbs, and not a fatty. Any fix for this? Its the only thing I dont like about the car. Its a 2000 e 39
Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
I suppose you may be able to retrofit with the non bolstered seats of a 530 or something like that.

My wife's X5 has unbolstered seats also.

-Kmac

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Possible solution....

All right, I am a big guy, and just squeez into my M5. I bought this car on impulse and love it. My question is did they ever offer an optional width driver seat? On long trips my legs get very sore from the metal bars that hold up the bolsters. I am 6'5", 250 lbs, and not a fatty. Any fix for this? Its the only thing I dont like about the car. Its a 2000 e 39
Thanks
I'm the same size as you. 'Spend a lot of time on multi-day roadtrips ('have the luxury 'cause I'm retired); many driving hours each day. 'Used to get a little uncomfortable; but mostly 'cause seats wouldn't allow me to move back far enough. 'Was given a tip about removing seat stops from rear of rails (very easy diy); which added 3" to available travel. 'Able to stretch my legs so they don't rest on side bolsters. Issue solved. 'Can drive all day in comfort.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts