BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Cher had a rib removed - maybe that could work for you :)

I checked the mechanism and couldn't find any way to easily increase downward travel when I first got her... Sorry.

d-

·
Registered
877 Posts
how tall are you? I'm 6'3" and dont have a problem...

·
Registered
877 Posts
haha... your a conehead! You may have an issue with your seat height adjustment. Mine is all the way down and about 2-3" from being all the way back.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Wow I'm 6'2' as well and I have at least 2 inches of clearance. And I think my seat can go even lower. I dont think seat specs changed from year to year, though.....

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Doug, I think its time to take a couple inces out of your back, haha. You coudl always install a full fledged racing seat for track days that mounts right on the floor. Then you would definately have your clearence. But it would be a chore to swap in and out.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doug, I think its time to take a couple inces out of your back, haha. You coudl always install a full fledged racing seat for track days that mounts right on the floor. Then you would definately have your clearence. But it would be a chore to swap in and out.
Yeah, TC you're probably right. I was looking at some other posts w/ Recaro seats, but I'm not ready to do that. Hope all is well!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cher had a rib removed - maybe that could work for you :)

I checked the mechanism and couldn't find any way to easily increase downward travel when I first got her... Sorry.

d-
heh, if there was a way to take 2 inches from my torso, and move it to my legs I'd do it! Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is the moonroof an option? Was just wondering, because if there is a standard roof (or CF like the M3 CSL) with a new headliner, you should gain about 1.5"

Btw, I am 6'4" and will have the same problem. The M3 at the track was wonderful to drive, miserable to drive "in" with the helmet. So I just opened the moonroof and I was fine :)

Just checked, you can get a moonroof delete http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE93&mospid=47592&btnr=41_0054&hg=41&fg=30

#1 p/n 41318204880 $600 approx

and approx 400 for the new headliner.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Unfortunately all BMWNA M5s came with sunroofs. :( I have the same problem as Doug (I'm a bit over 6'2"). My E46 ZHP doesn't have a sunroof, and I have plenty of room in it with a helmet thankfully (it gets a lot of autocrossing throughout the year). I absolutely hate sunroofs. :sad1:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is it possible to get the roof replaced, deleting the sunroof? Or is it one of those nice parts we cant get over here.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
You mean replace the entire top half of the car? I suppose it could be done with a regular E39 tophat, but I think it would be cheaper for him to have some ribs removed :)

d-

·
Registered
543 Posts
You mean replace the entire top half of the car? I suppose it could be done with a regular E39 tophat, but I think it would be cheaper for him to have some ribs removed :)

d-
+1

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well sure - but you're in a Lexus IS300!!!

:)

d-
I find it hard to believe that someone 6' 5" can fit comfortably in the IS. I was cramped as hell when I test drove that thing. This thread is paradoxical...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts