BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at some used M5's some have the seats with the middle more square or rectangular stich pattern. Others have the rounded pattern with diff texture in the middle.

Which seat is the sport option? Is one more comfortable than the other?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
In looking at some used M5's some have the seats with the middle more square or rectangular stich pattern. Others have the rounded pattern with diff texture in the middle.

i think both are sport seats :hihi: only thing that is that the rounded pattern with different texture are seats starting from MY 1999/2000 models and the one with the stitches are updated seats from MY 2001 . the ones look more sporty/ the others a bit more classic, but they are the same.

you do have two types off seats.the sport seat like above and the comfort seats that where optional.

sport seats have bucket/holster type off shape like the ones you reffering at above.
comfort seats look like regular e39 seats . so no big sidewalls and holsters. they have something like a massage function in them.something with air :hihi::hihi: sorry dont know the right term how's it called.hmmm

try the search function on comfort seats and you will find more info on them.

·
4,353 Posts

the ones with the VERTICAL PATTERN in the center are commonly known as the Luxury Interior available only in full BLACK or full CARAMEL

the ones with the CIRCULAR LOOKING CENTER {these are easily noticeable if they have the blue, red or silver center...} is referred as the SPORTS INTERIOR it does come in ALL BLACK too but only the center can be had in a different color.

there is a third set but it doesn't apply to U.S. cars...it's the COMFORT interior or something along those lines...it looks VERY MUCH like a regular 5-Series interior, but has MORE comforts than either of the other two interiors...I do believe they had a massage feature...

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

In North America you only had 2 seat choices: Luxury and Sport. They differ in covering only - the seat shapes themselves are the same.

In Europe, as mentioned, there is a 3rd seat that includes an active massage feature (perhaps also available on Individual BMW's).

d-

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I believe I have seen sports seats with the massage feature when I was browsing for my car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
the ones with the VERTICAL PATTERN in the center are commonly known as the Luxury Interior available only in full BLACK or full CARAMEL

the ones with the CIRCULAR LOOKING CENTER {these are easily noticeable if they have the blue, red or silver center...} is referred as the SPORTS INTERIOR it does come in ALL BLACK too but only the center can be had in a different color.

there is a third set but it doesn't apply to U.S. cars...it's the COMFORT interior or something along those lines...it looks VERY MUCH like a regular 5-Series interior, but has MORE comforts than either of the other two interiors...I do believe they had a massage feature...

The 'mustard' yellow seats in an M5? Not sure about that color in this type of car! But there are oddities out there just like Atlantic Bleu Individual paint! Who knows, it is unique nevertheless!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have the Black Luxury package and loving it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts