BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My driver's seat bottom feels like it's uneven and leaning left. It's bearable, but definitely not fun for longer drives. I know the seat twist has been fixed on both seats. I can't quite tell if it's only the back of the seat bottom or the whole seat bottom. Is this something that could be adjusted and fixed?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
anything is possible...

Does the pad feel softer on the left vs the right? Given that's the side that takes the most wear from in / out, I'm guessing it is

I went through this year ago before I put Recaro's in...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem but mine leans to the right. I thought I was imagining things for the first few weeks. Seat twist was fixed on my car but I think it wasn't lined up perfectly when it went back in. I'm going to take it apart soon and I'll let you know. From what I've read it's really easy to not get it perfect if you adjust it with the seat out of the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's possible that one or more of the four lifting arms may be bent by being in an awkward position for some time due to the twisted seat issue. The twisted seat issue occurs when one of the driveshafts separates from motor, leading to only one side of the seat working ie go up/down. It's actually the support arm pivots of the frame on the non-working side which twists (as to the lift function), in "twisted seat," if at all. Especially when it's being operated constantly with the issue present. As you discovered, each side operates independently, so one side will bend if it isn't moving with the other. Mine did. I used a hammer to straighten the top one.

The welded nut on the lower rail that secures the bolt also came undone due to the twisting on my seat, so it had to be replaced. I replaced the lower rail with a used one with good lifting arms.

If these arms aren't straight, it will raise in an awkward somewhat swivel motion, to the left or right. It will feel like it's there, but subtle. Bearable, but not really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts