BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed the red release button on the passenger safety belt was hard to push--it almost feels like it is catching on something. The belt clip seems to engage and hold just fine.

Anyone else had this problem? Should I get it lookd at/replaced as a precaution? Or just start working out harder???

Thanks!

Anita

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Anita said:
I noticed the red release button on the passenger safety belt was hard to push--it almost feels like it is catching on something. The belt clip seems to engage and hold just fine.

Anyone else had this problem? Should I get it lookd at/replaced as a precaution? Or just start working out harder???

Thanks!

Anita
Anita - What brand of 5-point camlok harness are you using? Haha. Well, I seriously doubt if you're getting weaker. Maybe the latch needs a little lube in some critical area or something. But now that you mention it, my M5's belts do require more effort than my other cars. But not too much, IMO. Hope you get if figured out.

:byebye:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I would try giving it a quick spray with some WD40, then press the button many times to work the lube in. If that doesnt ease it up, I would have it looked at, as you never know when you need to get a seatbelt off in a pinch, and dont want any extra effort.
:cheers:

·
Registered
680 Posts
BmwNut said:
I would try giving it a quick spray with some WD40, then press the button many times to work the lube in. If that doesnt ease it up, I would have it looked at, as you never know when you need to get a seatbelt off in a pinch, and dont want any extra effort.
:cheers:
I once needed to have the buckles replaced and they are EXPENSIVE.

$500 or $800 for one... I hope they're not broken, Anita.

-Matthew

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ELEVENS said:
Anita - What brand of 5-point camlok harness are you using? Haha.

:byebye:
Bill,
I wish it was a camlock I had in my driver's seat--I'll just have to suffer with my 4 pt Schroth-which for me BTW is way more comfortable than the standard 3pt belts. My neck isn't like totally red by the time I get done driving--no funny comments about that because I did notice your Haha is looking a bit weak HA HA.

Seriously, it's my passenger seat belt (my 13 yr old kid's seat) so I want it working right. Somehow I have the impression that the warranty for safety belts is different (finger's crossed)--I'll check on that. In the mean time I'll try the oiling bit.

Thanks so much!

Anita

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this safety belt tidbit in my '02 Service and Warranty book:

"Safety Belt Warranty-Kansas
Safety belts are covered under the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty for defects in material or workmanship for a period of 10 years, unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. In order to be eligible for this coverage, the vehicle must be a new car retailed in the State of Kansas and the repair performed by an authorized BMW center in Kansas."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts