BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just wanted to post that there are a few spots open at the golden gate chapters sears point drivers school for the weekend of 11/6-7.
More info here:
http://www.ggc-bmw-cca.org/
Hope to see some of you there!
Mike

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chunpng said:
Mike,

Are you instructing there?

CP
I am but don't let that stop you from attending! :thumbsup: (i didn't break Don's M6, honest!)
If anyone has thought about this, but not quite ready to take the plunge, the second day of the event (sunday) is a good day to stop by the track, get some instructor rides and a feel for things.
Mike

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Anybody in the area that is free to go, should go for it. The BMWCCA events are very well coordinated, safe and use excellent instructors that have a real passion for driving. Instructors don't get paid. The reward is that they get to take their cars on the track during the weekend. I go whenever I can. It is the perfect way to really get to know your car and sharpen your abilities. :cool:

·
Banned
386 Posts
I want to go so bad... but Im leaving to Vegas on sunday morning....=(

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
mottati said:
I am but don't let that stop you from attending! :thumbsup: (i didn't break Don's M6, honest!)
If anyone has thought about this, but not quite ready to take the plunge, the second day of the event (sunday) is a good day to stop by the track, get some instructor rides and a feel for things.
Mike
Mike,
Although I'd really like to start to get the M's out on the track, I'm still a bit "leery" about the whole prospect of tossing $70k worth of metal, plastic and leather around a road course...especially one like SP.

With that said, what's the deal with Sunday? How do I sign up for instructor rides, etc...

Thanks!
Jeff.

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M-Fünf said:
With that said, what's the deal with Sunday? How do I sign up for instructor rides, etc...

Thanks!
Jeff.
Just show up Jeff, they'll make you sign a waiver and get a wrist band. If you have a helmet, that'll make things easier, but they probably do have some smelly loaner helmets available. Usually, instructors have more free time on sunday, with students getting signed off etc, so you should have no probs finding rides. I think i'll be at the red tent. Usually lots of M3's, some race cars etc.
Mike

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Mike-
Ever bump into a guy by the name of Leonardo Maia while instructing at Infineon? I'm sitting here out in AZ at school next to his little brother, and since Leo did a lot of track time up there his brother Marcelo was wondering if you ever crossed paths.
Have a great day up there guys, and when I finally pick up anther BMW I'll attend an event.
:cheers:

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BmwNut said:
Mike-
Ever bump into a guy by the name of Leonardo Maia while instructing at Infineon? I'm sitting here out in AZ at school next to his little brother, and since Leo did a lot of track time up there his brother Marcelo was wondering if you ever crossed paths.
Have a great day up there guys, and when I finally pick up anther BMW I'll attend an event.
Doesn't sound familar to me, Bren but i'm horrible with names. Lots of us italian guys at the track, must be in the genes... :thumbsup:
Mike

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Funny, first off I thought you ended up with my old E39, and now you might have instructed a friend of mine. Guess it is a small world, but not quite that small. :D Have a fun day at the track, and take some pics for us who are stuck out in AZ.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'll be there with my M6. Hopefully it won't break this time! (See centerfold of latest BMW CCA Golden Gate chapter newsletter for a few pictures and the whole story of Thunderhill.)

Hey Mike! Remember this? "I'm going off-track... NOW!"

:wroom:

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
louv said:
I'll be there with my M6. Hopefully it won't break this time! (See centerfold of latest BMW CCA Golden Gate chapter newsletter for a few pictures and the whole story of Thunderhill.)

Hey Mike! Remember this? "I'm going off-track... NOW!"

:wroom:
And you did it so well, Don, calm, smooth... as an instructor going off track, I couldn't have been happier... Now that you've got the trailer in good repair (you do have speed rated tires on it, right?), and have polished the 11/99 license plate frame, you should be set.
I did really enjoy that article too, by the way. I just need to remember that "i don't need a tow, we're ok" hand signal.
Mike

·
Registered
992 Posts
ard said:
I might try to make it Sunday.. I'll look you guys up.
I'll be there with my 2003 Sterling Gray!

Come by and say "Hi!".

SCORPIO (Rick) :flag:

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm so far, 40% chance of precip on sat, mostly sunny on sun.
mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts