BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from BLUEDOG (who I bought my '03 from last week)...it seems like his search for the perfect '96-'98 911/993 cabrio has taken a sudden turn for the worse...

He was driving by a local dealer this week when he was drawn to a red-head beauty on the showroom floor. She gave him that seductive, come-hither look and before he knew it, he had pulled over on the side of the road erratically and gone after her. Well, a short while later he drove away in her.... a 2006 Corvette C6 convertible! Yes, that's right. Victory red with tan leather and the V51 performance package. And for just dollars over DEALER INVOICE, at a time when many dealers are marking them up over MSRP...

I don't know what happened. I swear he was acting completely normal and rational last week when I saw him. It is a shame the doctors couldn't detect and treat this illness in time. :7: He was mumbling something about "raw horsepower, corners on rails, too good of a deal to pass up, makes me feel twenty years younger..." and other often incoherent things. :confused3

I told him I was obligated to report this infraction to the M5 board, and that he might check in later to make sure he is still an honorary member.

Regardless, he sounds like a happy camper, so congratulations are in order!

B

·
0 Posts
JP 99300 said:
Just heard from BLUEDOG (who I bought my '03 from last week)...it seems like his search for the perfect '96-'98 911/993 cabrio has taken a sudden turn for the worse...

He was driving by a local dealer this week when he was drawn to a red-head beauty on the showroom floor. She gave him that seductive, come-hither look and before he knew it, he had pulled over on the side of the road erratically and gone after her. Well, a short while later he drove away in her.... a 2006 Corvette C6 convertible! Yes, that's right. Victory red with tan leather and the V51 performance package. And for just dollars over DEALER INVOICE, at a time when many dealers are marking them up over MSRP...

I don't know what happened. I swear he was acting completely normal and rational last week when I saw him. It is a shame the doctors couldn't detect and treat this illness in time. :7: He was mumbling something about "raw horsepower, corners on rails, too good of a deal to pass up, makes me feel twenty years younger..." and other often incoherent things. :confused3

I told him I was obligated to report this infraction to the M5 board, and that he might check in later to make sure he is still an honorary member.

Regardless, he sounds like a happy camper, so congratulations are in order!
Nice move. I used to have a '96 Vette and really have fond memories of it. It is fun to change things around from time to time.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
BeastPower said:
Nice move. I used to have a '96 Vette and really have fond memories of it. It is fun to change things around from time to time.

Cheers, Daniel.
You mean like GF's?:hihi:

·
Registered
157 Posts
BeastPower said:

Cheers, Daniel.
I had a '94 and enjoyed it as well. Good to see that there are 'car guys' here, as opposed to marque/model elitists that you find on some enthusiast boards. Of course, we all know the M5 is still the ultimate sedan.... 'til the mod bug bites.

·
Registered
60 Posts
pardon the piracy of my old avatar....yes I bought the C6 V51 6spd, bright red roadster (scuse me convertible). I loved the beast, I love the vette. Just completely different!!!

The M5 was like a perfectly prepared filet mignon with a bottle of $150 fine cabernet, maybe a little bearnaise sauce The vette, a shot of rye with a beer back and a pepperoni pizza, maybe a little tobasco sauce.

Both great, just different. Got a helluva price from the stealer and local service and warranty. I'm a lucky guy to have had both.

I'lll lurk a little but be assured this board has the MOST helpful and informed members on the planet.

DAN

·
Registered
12,913 Posts
BLUEDOG said:
pardon the piracy of my old avatar....yes I bought the C6 V51 6spd, bright red roadster (scuse me convertible). I loved the beast, I love the vette. Just completely different!!!

The M5 was like a perfectly prepared filet mignon with a bottle of $150 fine cabernet, maybe a little bearnaise sauce The vette, a shot of rye with a beer back and a pepperoni pizza, maybe a little tobasco sauce.

DAN
Congrats on the new purchase. You might be selling the C6 a little short, I think more sport jacket and khaki's for the C6 vs. Armani suit for the M5.......Enjoy the change of flavor!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
540 Posts
BLUEDOG said:

Both great, just different. Got a helluva price from the stealer and local service and warranty. I'm a lucky guy to have had both.

I'lll lurk a little but be assured this board has the MOST helpful and informed members on the planet.

DAN
And I thought the M5 proceeds was going toward a retirement home...I guess you meant motor home. :hihi: Congrats on your new purchase. Altho I have not ridden/driven one, I hear the C6 is a hoot.

al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts