328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow Mercedes laid an egg! It actually looked pretty cool, got a quick
glimpse. CLS65??? That will be one fast egg. I am just not into the rounded
cars in a 4 door yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tad on the large size for me, but you definitely can't help but notice it. I think that this "radical" styling departure for MB may work better than BMW's experiments witht the Bangle-butts! The CLS I saw was also a horrible looking color...like a light brown or something...probably best in black...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Spotted a silver CLS55 AMG two weeks ago. Parked next to it and when I came back out, the owner was pulling out of the lot in it. Car looked great parked, and even better in motion. Both the performance and styling on that car are very impressive, I think.

Travis

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I saw three this morning, two regular CLS' and an AMG. The AMG's acceleration is very impressive to look at. I think that the CLS is a gorgeous car when seen in person.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It grew on me right away, even though I am not a round shape car lover.

The one I saw was silver, and might have been a CLS55, it had some very nice
wheels, not aftermarket. I bet the interior is superb on that one!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
absent said:
Looks better in real life then the pics.
Absoulutely. It's really a car that you can't judge on before you've seen it in the flesh. I'm sure that many people that did judge it before they had seen it came back on their statements afterwards.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I've seen it twice now in person (cls55 yesterday), and I'm not a fan of it's looks. The front half looks ok, but to my eye the rear slopes down too much. That design works on a true coupe, but it's not a strong or aggressive look for a sedan (which would be fine, except the cls is supposed to be an aggressive/sporty sedan). Just my .02

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw a CLS55 in The Woodlands a day or two ago. Everytime I see one of these I just feel like retching all over it...another car that looked great in marketing material and aweful in person (and this is coming from a lifetime Merc driver and fan).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts