BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.. maybe... In London for business and on my way from Padington station to the hotel, I passed by Park Lane BMW. Right in the middle of the showroom was an E60 with the M5 front spoiler. Since I only drove by, it could have been a M5 or could have been a regular 545 with the sport kit on. Just thought I would give the UK members a headsup in case they didn't know already.. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
tfung said:
well.. maybe... In London for business and on my way from Padington station to the hotel, I passed by Park Lane BMW. Right in the middle of the showroom was an E60 with the M5 front spoiler. Since I only drove by, it could have been a M5 or could have been a regular 545 with the sport kit on. Just thought I would give the UK members a headsup in case they didn't know already.. :p
I've seen loads of E60 BMW's with the M5 front spoiler and M5 wheels. It seems they're doing this as an optional bodykit here in the UK. Just today, I saw it on a black E61 Touring. You need to look for the quad-pipes or the side vents to tell if it's really an M5.

·
Registered
867 Posts
ss147 said:
I've seen loads of E60 BMW's with the M5 front spoiler and M5 wheels. It seems they're doing this as an optional bodykit here in the UK. Just today, I saw it on a black E61 Touring. You need to look for the quad-pipes or the side vents to tell if it's really an M5.
no front fogs and different side mirrors too! The mouldings are not in fact the same - the M5 is a one-piece whereas the sport stuff isn't (does look similar though!)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
tfung said:
hey i was in london this week as well, passed by the parkland bmw dealership in a taxi too!!! saw the same car, agree it had a similar front end but didn't see the rest as it was facing out towards the road...didn't see any fun cars on this trip--i usually see a bunch of stuff in london you don't see much in the states--ferraris, lambos, etc.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe if I have time tomorrow morning before I leave london, I'll walk over to the showroom to check.

yeah, I agree with cohenfive.. didn't see many nice cars this time around. I usually see at least one Mclaren and a couple of Ferraris around Belgravia where I usually stay. This time the only remotely interesting car I saw was a Maserati Quadrapole parked in front of the German embassy. hmmm

·
Registered
21 Posts
tfung

Today being sunny, at least for the past 2 hours, you should take a walk down the Kings Road plenty of nice cars to be seen, 5 mins from where you are staying. Seemingly many people enjoy driving their Ferraris and Lambos up and own despite the crawling traffic ;)
Saw an Interlagos M5 last week M5 VDS number plate in front of my building.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts