BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Yesterday my sat nav`s screen has gone black during normal driving and never went back to normal! The back light seems to be on I can still use radio etc. It has happened before but it fix itself after a few hours. What I noticed is that when I was driving across pot holes etc it was flickering but only for a few secs. I have tried to disconnect baterry, sat nav and leave it for a bit but it won`t work! Has anyone got any ideas what happened?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My MKIII nav in my 2001 540i/6 did the same thing when it was cold (below 20F). It would work fine once the car would warm up (only after restarting). I did some research and what I found was the consensus said that the nav computer itself was going bad. I sold the car (not because of this problem) but had I kept it, I would have used the issue as a reason to upgrade to a MKIV nav computer.

Dig around on bimmerforums and you'll find some info.

Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection or something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another reason could be that your battery isn't receiving full charge, it has happened on my E39 (screen started up fine then used to flicker and go dim). Either your battery could be on the way out or possibly alternator, even a slipping fan belt can cause this, as it won't give the alternator what it wants. Get your battery tested to see if it's giving 12V or is dropping off.

·
Registered
585 Posts
unplug the blue connector on the tm,then near it is a male & female blue connector unplug that
with the remaining male blue plug put that into your tv module the plugs are all inline and connect the 2 units.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts