BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

CPO purchase satisfaction survey

• I was very satisfied, everythings great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok, but couple minor issues had to get repaired

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dealer missed several items, getting or got resolved.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not satisfied at all, very bad experience!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How satisfied were you with your CPO certfifed car purchase? Im curious since it seems every month there are complaints.

·
10,450 Posts
I think many dealers do a half-assed inspection. On my car, there were a half dozen items missed, easily. THe most obvious was missing pixels in the dash display. The saleman's attitude was "well the car is under warranty, no problem, we'll fix it" but my thought was if this car is "certified" shouldn't this already be fixed? Within 24 hrs, i had my first ses light.... My local dealer took care of everything, under warranty, of course and the car has been rock solid since. Some problems: pixels, oil leaks, clutch and flywheel, some scratches and wear marks on the aluminum trim, mafs, o2 sensors, a cat, probably a few other things. THis was last summer (03) and the car was an 00 with 43k on it. The selling dealer did put new tires, 2 wheels (i complained about a curb rashed wheel, then the replacement didn't match the other 3 so they replaced one side), brakes and the basic service items. The main draw in my mind is a bmw backed warranty for 6/100k. CPO is only as good as the 'certifier' but at least i've got a decent warranty against catastrophy.
Mike

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I believe it's a great thing for the long run. This is one expensive engine that I would not have the money to replace if anything went wrong with it.
As far as the CPO process, initially, things are missed. You all know my story by nowgrrrrrrr. The inspection process is a joke. Mabe you'll get some new tires but that's about it. The dealers seem to be reactive vs. proactive about fixing the issues. I suppose they figure not everyone will ***** about a scratch on the wheel or trim or whatever....so why bother. Wait and see. ??????

With that said, I'm not completely dis-satisfied because I know the warranty will come in handy down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts