BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm planning on going to pick up a M5 this week in Tx. Right now I currently have a 2008 E90 335xi. When I ordered the car I didnt do the Satellite Radio, I later went to the dealer to get it installed. My question if I remove the module that they put in my E90, can I put it in the M5 i'm picking up if it's not installed already?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Don't know the answer but maybe search realoem.com and see if the part numbers are the same.

·
Registered
300 Posts
E60 is MOST Bus as well. With the E65 in 2002 BMW started with MOST for a lot of module communication.

The outgoing X3 was the last iBus vehicle. Prior to that it was the E84 Z4.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No, the module can't be changed. Even if it's the same BUS format.
The module is keyed to the car.

BUT .. the great news is that the SERVICE itself can be ported over to another module.
Call Sirius and work through it. You just need the number, your personal Sirius contract arrangements, etc.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard different things about this transfer of the module between my 08 E90 and 06 E60. You guys have told me it's not doable but on the E90 forums they tell it's doable I just have to get the E90 coded not to have the Satellite radio and to get the E60 coded to have it. Somebody please it up for me. I think I may just call the dealer on monday also or is that a bad idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts