BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to locate the ESN number to set up sat radio/ i called the company and they were unable to assist in finding the ESN.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I forget the channel number, just call Sirius XM and they will give you the channel number where you can find your esn.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes-i spent an hour with them on the phone & they were useless!thats why im reaching out here

·
Registered
537 Posts
Isn't it written on the Sirius radio case.
In the trunk, under the left side carpet, silver case, written on the top.
:)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
does anyone know how to locate the ESN number to set up sat radio/ i called the company and they were unable to assist in finding the ESN.
Thanks
In the past when setting up sat, it was directly on the screen if the service was not activated, so its strange that it was not readily found. However, if you bring up the sat radio screen and go to the options menu where it says Details(also where you can choose eq), it can be found there...good luck

·
Registered
933 Posts
In the past when setting up sat, it was directly on the screen if the service was not activated, so its strange that it was not readily found. However, if you bring up the sat radio screen and go to the options menu where it says Details(also where you can choose eq), it can be found there...good luck

This is true, thats how I did it...it was just on my screen

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i see at the lower left screen is "aquiring' but it doesnt change...i am totally lost-the dealer says they can get the ESn however for one hour labor..

·
Registered
933 Posts
all i see at the lower left screen is "aquiring' but it doesnt change...i am totally lost-the dealer says they can get the ESn however for one hour labor..

flip through the channels... you will find it.
do NOT pay the dealer one hour labor for this

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
stealer! just go into idrive and play around, find the sound options and eq area, it will be on the tab labeled "details" its there! If you cant find it, I'll look tonite and post a pix of where it is found

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stealer! just go into idrive and play around, find the sound options and eq area, it will be on the tab labeled "details" its there! If you cant find it, I'll look tonite and post a pix of where it is found
just tried and cant seem to get it!! am i dumb?lol

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
you are kidding right? If you bought the car from them I would give them hell. I think you can go to channel 0 and it's there...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i cant even get to channel 0................crazy

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
im trying to look online and can't find any info. Crazy. There should be a channel you can go to that tells you that number. But I can't find it on mine either. I know when mine was not connected it just showed the number automatically for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dealer appt monday morning-they said it requires a software upgrade...etc..........well see

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
control module is shot-anyone have one? lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts