BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the phone to a guy offering quick delivery on the m5 ???? but even more confusing is he claims satnav is standard,in the uk,from what i can see its not.Anyone know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Prof-nav ain't standard... Is it? Not in Denmark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
MortenDK said:
Prof-nav ain't standard... Is it? Not in Denmark
Pretty sure it is in the UK, which is why they also made it standard in the B5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
hythe said:
Pretty sure it is in the UK, which is why they also made it standard in the B5.
By the way, you really don't want to try living with the "Business" version only... it's fairly rubbish - am hoping the "Profi" version is better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
I looked at the list of extra equipment my dad got from his dealer.

Prof-nav ain't standard in Denmark, but is prof-nav, sat-nav?

I mean, does prof-nav operate in real time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
MortenDK said:
I looked at the list of extra equipment my dad got from his dealer.

Prof-nav ain't standard in Denmark, but is prof-nav, sat-nav?

I mean, does prof-nav operate in real time?
... as opposed to what???

Professional Navigation is just the hi-spec version of the BMW sat-nav system - Business Navigation is the alternative - Business just has voice commands and arrows on the iDrive screen, Professional has a map onscreen, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
hythe said:
... as opposed to what???

Professional Navigation is just the hi-spec version of the BMW sat-nav system - Business Navigation is the alternative - Business just has voice commands and arrows on the iDrive screen, Professional has a map onscreen, etc.
No more queues on the highway? =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
do you reckon its worth getting the professional version?
plus what do you think is a better deal? the German base M5 (without GPS, CD changer, parktronic, and sunroof) or the UK M5 (which does have the lot)
[Germans one is 59,000 pounds, and UK is 61,000 pounds (approx.)]
whats your view?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Get the professional SatNav. It's a wider screen with more options and will add to the resale value of the car as well.

If you're getting a RHD UK spec car, you're always better off getting a UK car. The warranties are longer and the resale is stronger. Nowadays, the difference in price is negligible once you add in the options. BMW GB have learned their lesson from a few years ago when cars were 20% cheaper in continental Europe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
markf said:
just got off the phone to a guy offering quick delivery on the m5 ???? but even more confusing is he claims satnav is standard,in the uk,from what i can see its not.Anyone know
Is this a UK car? If not a demo, is it one of the first customer cars then which would mean July / August delivery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Get the professional SatNav. It's a wider screen with more options and will add to the resale value of the car as well.

If you're getting a RHD UK spec car, you're always better off getting a UK car. The warranties are longer and the resale is stronger. Nowadays, the difference in price is negligible once you add in the options. BMW GB have learned their lesson from a few years ago when cars were 20% cheaper in continental Europe.
im using it in dubai, so the warranties wont carry on and it is left handed drive there, so im still debating
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top