BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can find a shop to install my UUC EVO3 short shifter and install the SS x-pipe and eis exhaust in San Francisco or near by??? Because I went to serveral shops and they are not willing and dunno know to install it for me.

Thank you
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,455 Posts
workitjr said:
http://www.mserviceinc.com/

Try M Service in Walnut Creek. They will do it for you.
I'll second M service is you want to go to the east bay. They've done some of my mods (including the evo3 ssk) and non-warranty work. They're all club members, track enthusiasts and will take good care of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,353 Posts
If someone in SF the city itself is what you want, I suggest Phaedrus on Jackson Street. Unless you're also installing the DSSR, you can really do the EVO3 install yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined. The exhaust you will need to send out unless you happen to have a Sawzall to cut the stainless steel pipes.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,455 Posts
Need4Spd said:
The exhaust you will need to send out unless you happen to have a Sawzall to cut the stainless steel pipes.
Come on, if you're a bad-***, you can cut the pipes with a hack saw... I did it once (and only once) installing a dinan exhaust on my e46 323 several years ago... It only took an hour or two of sawing...
Mike :haha2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
mottati said:
Come on, if you're a bad-***, you can cut the pipes with a hack saw... I did it once (and only once) installing a dinan exhaust on my e46 323 several years ago... It only took an hour or two of sawing...
Mike :haha2:
I've never done exhaust work, but I have cut metal. Rent a power saw at Home Depot. That will cut your pipes in seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Unless you're also installing the DSSR, you can really do the EVO3 install yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined.
I didn't think the DSSR was much - the shifter has one clip to install- the DSSR just adds another... both ends are a PITA to see.

My 2 cents

Ard

PS Two posts by Wrightsville Beast discuss installs for both...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,353 Posts
Come on, if you're a bad-***, you can cut the pipes with a hack saw...
You guys are just too macho for me. :rolleyes: Spending a couple of hours underneath the car and going thru dozens of hacksaw blades isn't my idea of fun. And I'm just too lazy to go rent a Sawzall (and no, unless you don't want your deposit back or run thru a bunch of blades, a regular power saw won't work). Besides, the "proper" way to install an exhaust is to weld it on (not that I've actually done that; I just had them use the clamps, but if I get any more SES lights because of slight leaking after the cats, I'm going in for a weld job).

As for the DSSR (WSR in my case), the clip at the tranny end is another thing that's got me beat (according to Elevens, it's because I didn't "believe"). :crying2:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,455 Posts
I agree with you, i'd never do it myself again! ouich
Mike

Need4Spd said:
Spending a couple of hours underneath the car and going thru dozens of hacksaw blades isn't my idea of fun. And I'm just too lazy to go rent a Sawzall (and no, unless you don't want your deposit back or run thru a bunch of blades, a regular power saw won't work).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you guys.....so the m service and evosport will help me to weld the exhaust and install it for me right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,353 Posts
Airfatwing, did you ever find anyone to do your installs? If so, who?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top