BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laidback (Chris) asked me to organize a caravan for all interested San Diego area attendees driving to Mfest in Las Vegas, starting Friday, March 7th. There is a BBQ being hosted by Euro Tech in Vegas late Friday afternoon, so it's necessary to join all other caravans in Barstow, Calif. at noon, on the 7th. Therefore, the San Diego area caravan will gather at 9am at:

Westfield North County Fair shopping center (in big parking lot in front of Sears store, on north end of shopping center). 'Address is:

North County Fair Center, 272 E. Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, Calif. 92052. Office phone # 760-489-2332.

Sears (north end of center) 210 E. Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, Calif. 92052.

The center and Sears are easy to see/find. Simply exit I-15 (whether coming from north or south) at Via Rancho Parkway and go directly east. Entrance to the center is a left turn, at a signal light, from Via Rancho Parkway. After entering, you'll see the Sears store to your left, down on the north end. Just keep bearing left 'till you're in front of Sears; then turn right into big, open parking lot and look for "M" cars all lining up.

Please note the following:

1. Have a full tank of gas. 'Won't be stopping for gas when we leave the shopping center and get on I-15 north. Barstow is straight north on I-15; and it'll take 2 - 2 1/2 hours (depending on traffic).

2. Please bring walkie/talkie radios if you have them. 'Doesn't matter what brand, we should all be able to sync to the same radio band frequency. The more people that have walkie/talkies, the easier for caravan members to communicate about CHP sightings/emergency need to stop/breakdowns/etc. BTW, these radios are cheap to buy at Costco/Radio Shack/Best Buy/Walmart (?)/and the like.

3. 'Caravan will leave promptly, NO LATER THAN 9:20 am. If you're running late, just catch up when you can. There isn't a convenient coffee place at the center (Starbucks is inside middle of shopping center, but plan to be early if you're going to go there for coffee); so please have whatever you want/need BEFORE you arrive.

Please PM me if you have any questions. 'Look forward to seeing/meeting all of you on 3/7. It'll be a fun trip with a huge parade of "M" cars streaming into Vegas on Friday afternoon. What a sight that'll be!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Good Job Dan and thanks Bugzy for updating...:thumbsup:
Countdown:
<script language="JavaScript">TargetDate = "3/7/2008 7:00 AM UTC-0800";BackColor = "red";ForeColor = "blue";CountActive = true;CountStepper = -1;LeadingZero = true;DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Days, %%H%% Hours, %%M%% Minutes, %%S%% Seconds.";FinishMessage = "It is finally here!";</script><script language="JavaScript" src="http://scripts.hashemian.com/js/countdown.js"></script>

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bring two way radios on this trip ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't wait for this, see you guys there, I'm coming along with my Turbo M3, another 600rwhp+ turbo M3, 600rwhp M roadster and an AA supercharged M3! Going to be a great drive. :cheers::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Is Kurt and Blaise coming? and Cameron?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is Kurt and Blaise coming? and Cameron?
Not Kurt unfortunately, Cameron is the 600rwhp M3, Blaise is the roadster, although not sure if his car will be ready, and my friend Nick is driving his white supercharged M3, he is a regular at the Wednesday meets, I'm sure you know him.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
sweet, ill know some faces

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
if anyone needs their car detailed, my buddy does excellent job, takes care of my car every week

www.cemobiledetailing.com

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Can he do door dings?...whats your detail run about?
depend on the job

he comes to my office once a week to do about 5-8 cars depending on the week, charges $30 for cars and $35 for truck/vans for normal wash/vacuum etc

for mini details he's up around $85 with claybar and polish wax and interior cleaning

full detailling is lil more with shampoo'n and all the goodies

give him a call and schedule something

he doesnt do door dings

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Please keep the horse play in caravan's to a minimum

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well........

Dan, I'm curious, are we taking the 215 junction, or sticking to the 15 the entire time?
What do you suggest on a Friday morning?? I usually find it best to just go straight up I-15.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The authority at work says 15. Too much construction on 215.

He drives it every other week.
I agree, looking at a map the 215 always seems like the logical choice but it always ends up taking longer, it is only 2 poorly maintained lanes vs. the 3-4 lanes of the 15. I don't even want to think about my last drive to Vegas, the day after Christmas, I left at 8am and it took me 10 hours. It took me an hour alone to get from the In N Out in Barstow back to the freeway entrance. ouich

1 - 18 of 18 Posts